• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

****ing Oakland

Glen

They just keep on winning.  They lose two starting pitchers and pull two guys up who can post a low-3 ERA.  Their lineup is full of mediocre hitters who take turns coming through in the clutch.

****ing Oakland.  I hate them, and I hate them even more because I have to admire how well they do.

What we should do if we want to compete with the A's is trade Trout, Richards, Skaggs, Howie, Aybar, Calhoun. Then suck for a few years while those players develop. Then when their replacements are good trade them. Wash, rinse, repeat.

What we should do if we want to compete with the A's is trade Trout, Richards, Skaggs, Howie, Aybar, Calhoun. Then suck for a few years while those players develop. Then when their replacements are good trade them. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I think the A's do a pretty good job of getting the best out of their players. It starts with good scouting, drafts, coaching and they avoid overpaying for players.

c'mon strad, this is a worthless response. you take it to an extreme and make your point sound childish. it doesn't seem like the angels maximize their talent, but the A's do, why is that? AO was saying, it may be the staff. that is neither a new nor ridiculous assertion. while i like many of the angel players, i too feel that this team underachieves.

Oakland will find ways to win no matter who is on their roster or who is coaching. I'd say a lot of it has to do with how the organization is run as a whole, but I'd say a lot of it also has to do with having golden horseshoes stuck up their asses.

Cowgill and Green say hello.

Those are two examples of Beane not always coming out on top in trades. Someone suggested on here that Dipoto shouldn't make trades with GM's that are considered better than him. Trades like those make that a stupid philosophy.

well, YES, Oakland does play in a ballpark that was significantly re-designed (not for the better in terms of being a baseball venue) by a guy who's motto was

"JUST WIN, BABY!"

and they are.

hats off (AGAIN) to Billy Beane who builds a team designed to win with what appear to most to be a rag-tag bunch.

but then, as Billy Beane himself has stated numerous time, it's  a team built to contend by mid-season, then some key guy roster additions at deadline time for the second half and pennant stretch and then , apparently, everything falls apart in the playoffs as the team is not built for the playoffs........

oh well.........shades of a few years back (might have been more than a few -- perhaps 2002) when the A's and Angels had just a torrid August/ September -- both just kept winning and despite the Angels playing something like .650 ball or better over that stretch -- they could not gain any ground on the A's.

This weekend's beat up of Toronto is a good sign for the Halos.......need to beat (at least win the series) consistently against these teams to contend............now if we can keep up THIS YEAR's pace against Houston as well as opposed to the relatively poor record we had against them last season........

They just keep on winning.  They lose two starting pitchers and pull two guys up who can post a low-3 ERA.  Their lineup is full of mediocre hitters who take turns coming through in the clutch.

****ing Oakland.  I hate them, and I hate them even more because I have to admire how well they do.

Look on the bright side, they should (at least according to the run differential) have a better record, but don't!

We'll see if Kazmir and Chavez hold up.

Only 125 games to go.