• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

****ing Oakland

Glen

They just keep on winning.  They lose two starting pitchers and pull two guys up who can post a low-3 ERA.  Their lineup is full of mediocre hitters who take turns coming through in the clutch.

****ing Oakland.  I hate them, and I hate them even more because I have to admire how well they do.

I think they're great. They make due with what they have, they play good fundamental baseball, and their green alt jersey's are sick.

It's frustrating as an Angel fan watching what we are compared to them the past 4 years, but I'm not going to hate them just because they're so much better at what they do than we are.

Oakland is just a better ran organization than the Angels

A better run front office how?  Is ANYTHING they are doin a mystery at this point.. seriously?  no, it isnt.

I have been watching baseball for over40 years now.. and i cant attribute the last few years of the A's to only one word... luck.

I've posted the stats and reasons.. ive backed it up.. and im not going into it again, but there are few othere words to describe a team with so many lower statistical values than ours scoring more runs.

Im going to get grief for this post.. and thats fine... but if these guys were really that good they wouldnt keep getting handed thier arse in the post.

A better run front office how?  Is ANYTHING they are doin a mystery at this point.. seriously?  no, it isnt.

I have been watching baseball for over40 years now.. and i cant attribute the last few years of the A's to only one word... luck.

I've posted the stats and reasons.. ive backed it up.. and im not going into it again, but there are few othere words to describe a team with so many lower statistical values than ours scoring more runs.

Im going to get grief for this post.. and thats fine... but if these guys were really that good they wouldnt keep getting handed thier arse in the post.

you can't be lucky for years over hundreds of games. they maximize what they have with little to no resources. i don't even see how you can argue against the point. it's not like BB is infallible, but nobody does more with less. i can't believe you would use the postseason as an example against your luck premise. they're lucky for 162 games, but suck for 5?

edit: also, they don't get handed their asses, they keep losing game 5's, for years.

Edited by ukyah

you can't be lucky for years over hundreds of games. they maximize what they have with little to no resources. i don't even see how you can argue against the point. it's not like BB is infallible, but nobody does more with less. i can't believe you would use the postseason as an example against your luck premise. they're lucky for 162 games, but suck for 5?

edit: also, they don't get handed their asses, they keep losing game 5's, for years.

do a statistical analysis...

compare them to us over the last few years.. i dont recall all the specifics at this point but i think we had a better avg, more total bases, more everything, except HR and total runs...  the only possible conclusion supported by this is perfectly timed non solo HR... or, in simple terms, luck.

its like drawing to the inside straight and hitting it 7 or 8 times out of 10... its ridiculous how they always get the timely hit from these random ass players.

compare them to us over the last few years.. i dont recall all the specifics at this point but i think we had a better avg, more total bases, more everything, except HR and total runs...  the only possible conclusion supported by this is perfectly timed non solo HR... or, in simple terms, luck.

its like drawing to the inside straight and hitting it 7 or 8 times out of 10... its ridiculous how they always get the timely hit from these random ass players.

Oakland hitters have the highest ratio of flyballs / groundballs by a big margin. Angels are near the bottom. Oakland has an organizational philosophy  of selecting players who tend to hit the ball in the air rather than on the ground. The result of this is the Angels have grounded into 50% more double plays than Oakland, meaning a lot more potential Angels rallies got killed despite high amounts of total bases.

I haven't actually watched Oakland's games (except against us) but from what I understand their team tends to utilize platoons and pinch hitting a lot more than most teams. Better matching of hitters to exploit pitcher weakness could explain a higher percentage of timely home runs.  

Edited by ScottLux

AO are you good at your job because your boss is good?

So do you think without your oversight the INO's you run would do as well?

Managers are only as good as their best employees, true, but managers are still needed to keep things organized and make the right decisions for the employees to follow.

I have very good people working for me, but without me giving them the right guidance I think they and my company would struggle.

So do you think without your oversight the INO's you run would do as well?

Managers are only as good as their best employees, true, but managers are still needed to keep things organized and make the right decisions for the employees to follow.

I have very good people working for me, but without me giving them the right guidance I think they and my company would struggle.

I just think the difference between the best and worst manager in the majors might be 3 games a year. So assuming Melvin is the best and Scioscia is the worst it's three games. Well since neither is best or worst then it's really just fans looking for blame.

As it relates to what I do I think it comes down to what we focus on. I focus on customer experience so yes I think their might be a drop off in that area if I wasn't around but perhaps they would be more profitable.

Either statistical analysis isn't your strong suit, or you just tossed out this claim without bothering to look.  

The Angels and A's have had very similar offensive performance the last couple years (team OPS was just .002 pts different last year), but the A's pitching has been vastly better, to the tune of over half a run of ERA.  You don't even have to dig past the most basic of stats to see the reason they've had better records.

A better run front office how? Is ANYTHING they are doin a mystery at this point.. seriously? no, it isnt.

Either statistical analysis isn't your strong suit, or you just tossed out this claim without bothering to look.  

The Angels and A's have had very similar offensive performance the last couple years (team OPS was just .002 pts different last year), but the A's pitching has been vastly better, to the tune of over half a run of ERA.  You don't even have to dig past the most basic of stats to see the reason they've had better records.

i have never said anything about pitching in this conversation, its a given they have better pitching, thats not the point.  The point is how does a team score more runs, with lower offensive peripherals.

im not asking why they win more.. or why hey have better pitching... thats as obivous as the weather.

Oakland hitters have the highest ratio of flyballs / groundballs by a big margin. Angels are near the bottom. Oakland has an organizational philosophy  of selecting players who tend to hit the ball in the air rather than on the ground. The result of this is the Angels have grounded into 50% more double plays than Oakland, meaning a lot more potential Angels rallies got killed despite high amounts of total bases.

I haven't actually watched Oakland's games (except against us) but from what I understand their team tends to utilize platoons and pinch hitting a lot more than most teams. Better matching of hitters to exploit pitcher weakness could explain a higher percentage of timely home runs.  

flyballs also have a lower percentage change of being a "productive" out too... i get what you are saying but they also hit a crapton of HR

i also dont wantch many of thier games.. but the highlight reels always seem to show some late inning 2 runs bomb when they are down by one.