• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MAY 9 GAMEDAY THREAD - ANGELS @ BLUE JAYS (Efren Navarro in LF)

hmmm.  lots of outrage for a fairly outside the box move here.  The could have brought up boesch or shuck very easily but they decided to give a guy who's performed well enough in the minors a shot to show some of his stuff.  At least for a few games anyway.  Matt Long didn't do himself any favors and didn't deserve the call. 

Navarro has a career .372obp in AAA.  Write his name in and ask him to play hard for you.  Why the hell not.

let's see . . 

useless DH over 40 hitting .146 batting cleanup? check

guy with career OBP of .316 in the leadoff spot? check

random scrub who will be automatic out in LF? check

washed-up 3B who was never good hitting in the middle of the order? check

yup, looks good to me.

Yet people still love Scioscia here. He's incompetent imo

Matchups this series

Friday, 7 p.m.
RH Dustin McGowan (2-1, 4.80) vs. RH Garrett Richards (3-0, 2.84)

Saturday, 1 p.m.
LH J.A. Happ (1-0, 1.93) vs. LH Tyler Skaggs (2-1, 4.54)

Sunday, 1 p.m.
RH Jered Weaver (3-2, 3.48) vs. RH Drew Hutchison (1-2, 4.17)

Monday, 7 p.m.
LH C.J. Wilson (4-2, 3.21) vs. LH Mark Buehrle (6-1, 1.91)

I thought GR had a good chance for a win until I saw the lineup :(

ugh, didn't realize this was a 4-gamer. Toronto has been hitting the snot out of the ball at home recently, and the Angels seem to be in a little mini funk. This could be an ugly series.

Yep. My brother sitting here telling me about how good their O has been last few days.

We miss Dickey this series but when Toronto is playing well they're tough to beat at home.

today seems like it might have been a good day to roll the dice and put both Iannetta and Conger in the lineup.

Cowgill RF

Iannetta DH

Trout CF

Pujols 1B

Kendrick 2B

Conger C

Aybar SS

Navarro LF

McDonald 3B

Probably what I would have done. Not saying it's pretty, but I just don't get the logic behind today's lineup.

If I am not mistaken isn't it Dipoto's decision to bring Navarro over Long.

I get that Sosh doesn't have a lot of choice right now. Green's finger is still bugging him I guess and Hamilton and Calhoun are down. But I just don't see how McDonald can be worse than Stewart nor do I see any justification for a clear career AAA like Navarro getting the call over Long.

Again your blaming Sosh over Dipoto's decision.

What in the name of God? Ibanez is 6 for his last 57 batting .105/.177/.175 in that span, simply pathetic. That must make him the ideal cleanup hitter.

And now Efren Navarro is up after sending down Maronde? Why the eff do we need him? CALL UP ONE OF THE PEN ARMS YOU DUNCES.

I'm more than ready for this team to move on from Sosh.