• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels just traded Vernon Wells to NYY

Chuck

...because he sucks?

He's not going to play.  He isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I like Calhoun and would rather see him on the roster, but he could be as bad or worse.  If Wells was making $3 million per year, people wouldn't care. 

some Yankee fan reaction (from LoHud Yankees blog)

If you can't go down to the farm to get somebody as good as Vernon Wells its an indictment of your system.

I give up….

::::

Yankees deep in trade talks for Vernon Wells…and the hits keep coming ?

How on earth can they even think about adding actual money to their payroll for Vernon wells?

Wells? I didn't think they'd go there. At least I had hoped not.

Never mind – I’ve changed my mind on Vernon Wells. He’ll fit in nicely. Over paid, best years are long gone and in his mid-thirties. Awesome.

Its shocking that so many people get so emotional about these yankees moves. I’m numb to it by now. This team is so comically pathetic its not even worth being upset by the shockingly retarded decisions.

He's not going to play.  He isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I like Calhoun and would rather see him on the roster, but he could be as bad or worse.  If Wells was making $3 million per year, people wouldn't care. 

Agreed.  He's been very good this spring.  The ridiculous amount of money he makes isn't worth it, but he's going to have a solid season, especially if he gets playing time.  The name that really should be mentioned in this trade is Reagins.  IF the trade goes through, it would pretty much conclude the Tony Reagins era.  That would be a nice cloud to move out and under from.

Yeah, for maybe a year until NYY releases him.

Stay and not play and get released? Or traded to NYY and play everyday and get released? At least in NYY he is given opportunity to increase his stock for future contract. Gets no shot at that here.

Yup....

Sorry guys, I can only report on some things, not all. Just wait and see on the rest of the particulars. As I mentioned when I created this thread, the deal was done at that time -- way before Passan could report on this. 

Stay and not play and get released? Or traded to NYY and play everyday and get released? At least in NYY he is given opportunity to increase his stock for future contract. Gets no shot at that here.

Would he play everyday for the entire season, or only until somebody returns from injury?