• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Santiago 'shocked' he was pulled after 83 pitches

Alden Gonzalez tweeted:

Was Hector Santiago surprised to be taken out after 83 pitches? "Definitely. ... I don't wanna say upset, but I was definitely shocked."

Scioscia said his upper back was starting to tighten up, but Santiago said it bothered him in the fifth and went away by the 6th. #Angels

Note: If you want to move this to the postgame thread that's fine, but I wasn't sure if quotes from players should be separate, because otherwise I'm not sure what we can post threads on after a game.

I was shocked too. 83 pitches and he goes to THIS bullpen?

You have a bunch of spastic "hitters" that cant drive in a run if there was a gun on their mother.

You let the guy pitch until he is tired.

Scioscia will never get better, he has no feel for games or pitchers and no clue what he has to work with.

He is sleepwalking through a dense fog.

I'm shocked no coach went out there to speak to him. Was he getting wild yes. I assumed Butchy would run out there, calm him down, remind him of the situation, maybe a small scouting report on the next hitter, etc..

Na. Let's yank him....

We have several quality relievers in Utah right now.

Exactly. Jepsen should be released tonight, and Lyon or someone else should come up from SLC.

DDLR is heading to SLC for a rehab stint, and Burnett (cough) threw a simulated game today.

But Butchy will do something else to f them up as soon as they get with the team, so I guess there is little hope to have a pen ever again.

Butcher should have been fired after last season, but Arte lacks gonads.

It's a clusterfuch in the truest sense of the word.

Ah, okay. Damn...Scioscia era might be coming to an end real quick.

Don't hold your breath, Arte doesn't have the gonads to fire Scioscia. If you ask me, he seems to be scared of him.

Butcher should have been canned long ago, but don't want to piss off Scioscia, or he'll go off like he did when Hatcher got the ax.

Edited by Homebrewer

Ah, okay. Damn...Scioscia era might be coming to an end real quick.

im not at all against that. Im just as pissed as anyone over some of his bullpen moves so far......

.....but lets be honest. The finger pointing needs to be at the team itself right now. Jepsen, kohn, salas, yes they probably shouldnt have been used. But cj wilson lost game 2 alone. Santiago did ok, but the rest of the team still has to hit.

The silver lining is im sure they will. But theyve started out as dogshit.

Full version of the quote from Angels.com article:

"I looked up and I was like, 'How many pitches?' I thought it was more," Santiago said. "It definitely surprised me, there's no doubt. I was -- I don't want to say upset, but I was definitely shocked and I wasn't happy about it, because I want to be out there, and we want to go as long and deep as we can."

Didn't you just spend the last two days saying Scioscia waited too long to take out Weaver and Wilson?

I don't care what Santiago says he was not pitching well. Maybe that was why he was taken out.

uote name="Homebrewer" post="298382" timestamp="1396504755"]

I was shocked too. 83 pitches and he goes to THIS bullpen?

You have a bunch of spastic "hitters" that cant drive in a run if there was a gun on their mother.

You let the guy pitch until he is tired.

Scioscia will never get better, he has no feel for games or pitchers and no clue what he has to work with.

He is sleepwalking through a dense fog.