• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Santiago 'shocked' he was pulled after 83 pitches

i dont mind taking out santiago early.  the mistake was bringing in salas as his replacement instead of joe smith.  smith had yet to pitch in a game this series, angels have a day off tomorrow and with the team down by a couple runs, about to be swept, scioscia brings in a junk reliever to make the game out of reach?

can someone show me the clause in joe smith's contract that only allows him to pitch after the 7th inning.  he's being paid 6m a year to sit on his ass apparently.  

Don't hold your breath, Arte doesn't have the gonads to fire Scioscia. If you ask me, he seems to be scared of him.

Butcher should have been canned long ago, but don't want to piss off Scioscia, or he'll go off like he did when Hatcher got the ax.

Are you seriously suggesting that Arte should can the Manager after the third game of the season? Even you can't honestly believe this would send any other message to the team, the league, the world, that your organization is f'ed up beyond all recognition, can you? 

Letting Butcher hit the skids is a soothing thought for me, right up to the time I think of whom we will be replacing him with. Remember, Dipoto is the guy who brought in much of the crap we are currently viewing on the field, and he would be the one picking the replacement. Still, I think it would be worth a throw of the dart. But again, it screams to the world that we are in panic mode after the first few games of the season. Not really sure that would help at this point. 

i dont mind taking out santiago early.  the mistake was bringing in salas as his replacement instead of joe smith.  smith had yet to pitch in a game this series, angels have a day off tomorrow and with the team down by a couple runs, about to be swept, scioscia brings in a junk reliever to make the game out of reach?

can someone show me the clause in joe smith's contract that only allows him to pitch after the 7th inning.  he's being paid 6m a year to sit on his ass apparently.  

It's the "Set in stone bullpen roles are dumb and managers are ridiculously stubborn" clause

Edited by jshep

This quote made no sense to me:

It was clear Wilson did not like the move, but he did not want to elaborate, other than to say that the pitch Smoak hit was “crappy.” Catcher Hank Conger â€œwanted it in one place, I wanted it in another, and I threw it right down the middle,” Wilson said. “The best thing I could have done right there is miss wildly.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-cj-wilson-angels-20140401,0,1650009.story#ixzz2xqLCKohI

Why did he want the pitch in a different place other than Conger wanted it to be? If Conger places his glove down low and inside, does CJ ignore him and throw it high and away? Can he just throw pitches wherever he chooses, catcher and manager be damned?

Nope. 10 baserunners in 5 innings. Dude was fortunate he had only given up 1 run at that point. All 3 lefties in this rotation will be struggling to get through 6 innings with their command issues

Well at least they'll get picked up by our stable of reliable reliev-

Hahahahaha, sorry I can't even finish that as a joke.

Catcher Hank Conger â€œwanted it in one place, I wanted it in another, and I threw it right down the middle,”

Looks to me that this is pretty much the state of the entire Angels pitching corps this season.

Come on.... 26 runs in 3 games started by your 1-2 and 3 starters??

This is just another reason to can Butcher. I don't really care if it is all his fault or not, I don't care who they bring in to replace him, and I'm sure he is a nice guy etc etc..there is a mess here that needs cleaning up, and the pitching is the messiest.

Just the fact that he is sent packing might possibly wake this team up." Hey, guys are going to lose jobs if we play like crap?

That never happened before!" All the talk about getting off to a decent start hasn't worked, so it is high time for a wake up call.

If Butchy is chosen as the sacrificial lamb to make these guys understand that this is serious, then I am 100% behind it.

Catcher Hank Conger â€œwanted it in one place, I wanted it in another, and I threw it right down the middle,”

Looks to me that this is pretty much the state of the entire Angels pitching corps this season.

Come on.... 26 runs in 3 games started by your 1-2 and 3 starters??

This is just another reason to can Butcher. I don't really care if it is all his fault or not, I don't care who they bring in to replace him, and I'm sure he is a nice guy etc etc..there is a mess here that needs cleaning up, and the pitching is the messiest.

Just the fact that he is sent packing might possibly wake this team up." Hey, guys are going to lose jobs if we play like crap?

That never happened before!" All the talk about getting off to a decent start hasn't worked, so it is high time for a wake up call.

If Butchy is chosen as the sacrificial lamb to make these guys understand that this is serious, then I am 100% behind it.

Solid business acumen.

Solid business acumen.

Really? You mean like 10 year contracts to aging, declining, former stars.. and  f'n managers is a model of solid business thinking?

This franchise has increased in value by over a half billion dollars since Arte became the owner. That is the business side, and it is doing just fine.

Winning is the gravy, you know, something for the fans and players...it's the goal.

You tellin me no business with "acumen" would fire a mid manager who wasn't getting results, after many years in a job?