• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Street Trade Poll

ABC

Street Trade Poll  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Like or dislike the trade

• Dislike
  2. 2. What number will he wear?

• 0-00
    • 1-20
    • 21-99
    • I'm not a judgemental puritan but...I get mad when people care about a player's number. I even get mad when the number selection poll is a joke.

He wore 16 in Colorado and San Diego, 20 in Oakland.  Both are taken by Conger and Cron respectively.  I would not be surprised if Cron picks a new number.

Edit.  Yahoo!'s roster has Street sporting 15.  That better not happen.

Edited by Mauch Won

It without a doubt makes our MLB team better and if it comes down to a 1-game Wild Card playoff having Street closing that game would give me increased confidence that we would win it.

The trade itself was too much. In a normal trade environment Lindsey should have been the only one going to San Diego in that trade based on contract amounts and WAR contribution to their respective teams. Alvarez, Rondon, and Elliott was over the top.

This should be a lesson on why it is important to build preseason. Deadline trades are very rarely fair and come at an increased premium.

It without a doubt makes our MLB team better and if it comes down to a 1-game Wild Card playoff having Street closing that game would give me increased confidence that we would win it.

The trade itself was too much. In a normal trade environment Lindsey should have been the only one going to San Diego in that trade based on contract amounts and WAR contribution to their respective teams. Alvarez, Rondon, and Elliott was over the top.

This should be a lesson on why it is important to build preseason. Deadline trades are very rarely fair and come at an increased premium.

I think maybe Lindsey and Elliot, but not 4 prospects.

Overnight I've begrudgingly moved into the "like it" camp, though just barely. Reading unbiased sources, nobody is that impressed with any of the prospects. All have potential holes. Rondon is probably the hardest to give up with his higher potential ceiling. Everybody (including me) is seeming to forget that Alvarez has given up 4+ BB/9, and that's the thing that frustrated us the most about our bullpen already.

Losing the only shortstop prospect and the best arm in the system for a relief pitcher is too high a price to pay. You only make that kind of deal for a all star caliber player or a top starter with club control for at least 2-3 years. This trade will come back to bite Dopoto in the ass.

At first I thought your username was "TroutPron" which would've been awesome.

Losing the only shortstop prospect and the best arm in the system for a relief pitcher is too high a price to pay. You only make that kind of deal for a all star caliber player or a top starter with club control for at least 2-3 years. This trade will come back to bite Dopoto in the ass.

Street is an All Star.

I like the trade. Been around awhile, long enough to hear the bitching about Callaspo for Bulger and other such "can't miss" prospects being moved. Personally, I don't think we gave away anything more than average major leaguers. Unless any of them turn out to be all-star caliber, and considering the need right now, this trade is good.

I'm not crazy about the trade, but it's not like we gave up the 4 best prospects in baseball.

I always see the upside to every trade. And I think more trades work out have worked for us than not in recent years. Looking back, we won the Downs trade and the Greinke trade and the Callaspo trade.

Even with Segura's struggles this year, I rather have him than 2.5 months of Greinke.

Dislike it at the price they paid, but it clearly makes this bullpen better and gives them one of the deepest and best pens in MLB now

I'm not even high on the prospects they gave up, though I do like Rondon and RJ Alvarez, just not a fan of giving up so much for a reliever. They don't impact the game enough to give up so many pieces.