• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Terror attack at Olympics (Relax, it's a hypothetical situation)

So I was thinking, with the Olympics in a few weeks, all the talks of high security, the problems with Russia and certain terrorist groups, etc. etc. etc. I asked myself a question...

If a terrorist group no matter what group it is, chechen, Al Queda, etc. attacks the opening ceremonies or a certain game which results in multiple countries affected, would the world as a whole finally join together to stand up against global terrorism?

What do you think?

"If a terrorist group no matter what group it is, chechen, Al Queda, etc. attacks the opening ceremonies or a certain game which results in multiple countries affected, would the world as a whole finally join together to stand up against global terrorism?"

i doubt it. 

i would expect the russian military/security forces to be very heavy handed in dealing with any of these possibilities.

"If a terrorist group no matter what group it is, chechen, Al Queda, etc. attacks the opening ceremonies or a certain game which results in multiple countries affected, would the world as a whole finally join together to stand up against global terrorism?"

i doubt it. 

i would expect the russian military/security forces to be very heavy handed in dealing with any of these possibilities.

I doubt it.  They will be more preoccupied with rounding up all the gays.

You think countries would just roll over and not take any action?

I don't think you will see any unified action.  You can't get all the countries to agree on anything for any amount of time.  You might, might see some kind of appearance of a unified reaction but it won't amount to anything in reality.  

No.  But it really looks as if something is going to happen.  The Chechen female suicide bombers are gnar.

At least one of them is missing and thought to be in the vicinity of Sochi. There's an all-out search on to find her.

They love to blow up children and other innocent people. The more the better.

To the OP, I would say No. The problem is that "terrorism" is too vague. Every country is already fighting some form of terrorism. For example if a Chechen a suicide bomber were to kill Americans in a mass bombing, the US would make the move to ensure the safety of the citizens already there. But I doubt the US would declare some form of war against Chechen terrorists since the US is already overextended protecting us from bigger threats such as Al Qaeda.

I have a feeling the Opening Ceremony is less of a target than the specific sporting events. Authorities will be concentrated in a small area around the stadium for the ceremony. If Al Qaeda wants to kill Americans, wait til the events have started to spread out security and target an event like US Hockey vs Canada. 

Each country is paranoid about terrorist threats that they want to send their own security. If this happens, this could actually help the terrorists. This will create confusion with security 2nd guessing each other. Almost need to put the faith in Russia's 40,000 hired security personnel to do their job.

To the OP,

You'd think that it would, but I highly doubt it. I do fear for the athletes and tourists going over there. Like someone else said, I'd be surprised if something doesn't happen. I just hope that it doesn't cause much damage or kill many (or none at all.) I don't think they'd attack an actual event. I'm picturing more of an attack on the Olympic village or major tourist attraction.