• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Terror attack at Olympics (Relax, it's a hypothetical situation)

To the OP,

You'd think that it would, but I highly doubt it. I do fear for the athletes and tourists going over there. Like someone else said, I'd be surprised if something doesn't happen. I just hope that it doesn't cause much damage or kill many (or none at all.) I don't think they'd attack an actual event. I'm picturing more of an attack on the Olympic village or major tourist attraction.

I can see that happening. Everyone's focused on the Olympic venues when boom some local tourist attraction blows up.

There's not much anyone can do about it though. You can't protect every place all of the time.

So, a suicide bomber is fighting for freedom?  In a different country?

So what exactly do you think the Chechans are fighting for? Or AQ? People don't fight to the death unless they feel they have a just cause. Calling them a terrorist isn't going to make them forget what pissed them off.

So what exactly do you think the Chechans are fighting for? Or AQ? People don't fight to the death unless they feel they have a just cause. Calling them a terrorist isn't going to make them forget what pissed them off.

What part of "fighting in their own country" did you not understand?  I usually defer to the list of designated terrorist groups (FBI, Nato) that are based on an agreed-upon definition of terrorism.

I'm not sure what fighting in their own country has to do with it. We haven't fought a war in our own country in 150 years. I'm not saying they are right. I'm saying your definition of them doesn't matter to them and calling every group that fights for a cause you don't like "terrorist" makes the word pretty meaningless.