• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dave Cameron (Fangraphs) predicts Garza...

Angelsjunky

For that price we better grab Garza. I don't see us signing Tanaka I don't even see where we have talked to him. The deadline is only a couple days away and if the Angels signed Tanaka it would be a total blindside at this point. I honestly don't think we were ever in it at this point... If we get Garza at 4 / 50 I would be happy.

Garza's price is what the market will pay. If he only gets a 3 year deal or a 4/$50 makes you wonder why. Teams have the money to bid this up.

Can it be that GM's are getting smart?  Really, going into this offseason, I think the consensus among most here was that the starting pitching class was really weak.  But because of supply and demand, they would be paid handsomely because of the limited supply.  But now, it seems like GM's are only willing to pay what they are actually worth.  And not the amount, like in the Santana case, where his agent made a case where he should be paid like an ace.  

There are just not that many teams that need Garza.  Garza is a #3.  Most teams are looking for a front end of the rotation starter and don't want to spend much money for a #3.  Garza makes sense for the Angels because they need a #3.  You are not going to see a bidding war for Garza.

I think the Angels will sign Garza for 3-4 years at an average of 12-14 million a year.

I t

Can it be that GM's are getting smart?  Really, going into this offseason, I think the consensus among most here was that the starting pitching class was really weak.  But because of supply and demand, they would be paid handsomely because of the limited supply.  But now, it seems like GM's are only willing to pay what they are actually worth.  And not the amount, like in the Santana case, where his agent made a case where he should be paid like an ace.  

I'm guessing teams have looked at his medicals and been scared off a bit.