• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bronson Arroyo is our guy

You guys are right, a clubhouse of drunkards, sexual assaulters and misogynists will get along so well! That is a winning recipe!

I could care less as long as they can hit, throw, pitch and catch the ball better than every other team in baseball. I am looking for the best line up possible regardless of what they do in their personal lives. That's why we have a criminal justice system.

Why do people want Santiago in the pen? This seriously baffles me

I want Santiago to start off in the pen. He can step in for Richards and either Skaggs or a pile of junk (Mulder?) when they can't get out of the 3rd or 4th inning. I feel it's important to keep his innings down early on in the season. He has never pitched a full season at this level and I would like him to be fresh for the playoffs (assuming we pull off a miracle and make it.)

I could care less as long as they can hit, throw, pitch and catch the ball better than every other team in baseball. I am looking for the best line up possible regardless of what they do in their personal lives. That's why we have a criminal justice system.

This +infinity

The 1972-1974 A's and 1977-1978 Skanks proved what could happen even with a team that battled each other. 

Glad I finally found someone who holds the same opinion as me.

Santiago has had way more success as a starter than reliever, and his stats as a starter are 3rd best on our team. 

Exactly, did not Santiago have a mid 3.00s ERA as a starter in 2013?

131 MLB innings as a starter in 2013 with an ERA of 3.64, pitching half the time in the US Cellular launching pad

That's got #3/#4 starter written all over it, not to mention he throws an assortment of pitches which would be wasted working out of the pen. 

My beginning of the season 1 through 4 would be Weaver, Wilson, Richards, and Santiago (righty/lefty alternating). 

Because both Richards and Santiago pitched some 150 MLB innings in 2013, it's not a huge reach to see each reach 180-200 innings in 2014. 

And yes, I wouldn't mind them bringing Jerome back for a year to keep the 5th spot warm if Skaggs needs a half of a season at SLC.    Williams did reach 160 MLB innings in 2013, and outside of 1 1/2 poor months around the middle of the season pitched solid baseball.

I still would prefer the lefty Capuano though.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I rather bring back Jerome for 5 mil/y, then pay Arroyo 2/20, use the extra cash on another RP.

Put Richards at #3, Santiago at #4, Jerome at #5, call up Skaggs at mid-season and move Santiago to the pen. 

Great pen > avg #3 #4 #5

I like the idea but I'd rather sign a guy with upside for the same amount than Jerome. I would go after Jeff Niemann, Scott Baker, or Jason Hammel. Have them compete with Mulder for the #5 and release/ trade Blanton. Only problem with spending on the pen is that there's no guy that would be worth spending money on outside of Bailey and Hanrahan who are both injured. I wouldn't mind a K-Rod reunion but other than that I think our pen is set.

Exactly, did not Santiago have a mid 3.00s ERA as a starter in 2013?

131 MLB innings as a starter in 2013 with an ERA of 3.64, pitching half the time in the US Cellular launching pad

That's got #3/#4 starter written all over it, not to mention he throws an assortment of pitches which would be wasted working out of the pen.

My beginning of the season 1 through 4 would be Weaver, Wilson, Richards, and Santiago (righty/lefty alternating).

Because both Richards and Santiago pitched some 150 MLB innings in 2013, it's not a huge reach to see each reach 180-200 innings in 2014.

And yes, I wouldn't mind them bringing Jerome back for a year to keep the 5th spot warm if Skaggs needs a half of a season at SLC. Williams did reach 160 MLB innings in 2013, and outside of 1 1/2 poor months around the middle of the season pitched solid baseball.

I still would prefer the lefty Capuano though.

You weep for Santiago and curse the Angels. You have that luxury!

Why do people want Santiago in the pen? This seriously baffles me

Because he is capable and he had experience,the bullpen, especially the mid-relief had been Angels achilles heel the past few years, I think to have him down in the pen pitch every other days would help the Angels win more games than starting.

You weep for Santiago and curse the Angels. You have that luxury!

This is begging to be extended.

Here it goes...

"You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's move to the pen while tragic, probably saved games, and that my existence while  grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves games. You don't want the wins because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use stats like CERA, wins, matchups . We use them as the backbone of a career managing something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who criticizes and whines under the blanket of the management that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a baseball and get an out. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Glad I finally found someone who holds the same opinion as me.

Santiago has had way more success as a starter than reliever, and his stats as a starter are 3rd best on our team. 

I get the idea that the FO sees him as a starter. Dipoto tried to trade Howie Kendrick to the White Sox for him straight up. I doubt that he would have done that for a bullpen piece.