• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets sign Colon

Scott34

Again. ANY proof hes juicing again?

Any proof Freese will drink and drive again? I personally hate the fact that Freese has DUI's. I wouldn't have minded Colon but I would feel dirty with us signing him because he was caught cheating. Scott, you even mentioned in this thread that he was the best starter left, so are you willing to bend the rules because of the quality of player he can be? It's ok if you say that you would, I just don't think you see yourself like that.

Does it bother you that I'm still friends with people that have had DUIs, nor do I judge them?? But I can tell you I cut ties with cheaters. Therefore I am able to view DUI's on a different level than cheating.

It does bother me.  Why judge one and not the other?  Why not just forgive both if that is your mindset?  

What it does tell me is that people realistically don't give a crap about responsible drinking nor do they care about DUI's.  In general

Was your best friend killed by a drunk driver?  I'm sure Weaver is thrilled that Freese is on the team.

Stop with the BS Scott. I'm saddened as much as anyone here that Adenhart was killed by a thug that chose to drink and drive. I'm also sure Weaver will act as a professional and accept Freese as a teammate. Freese didn't kill Nick.

Any proof Freese will drink and drive again? I personally hate the fact that Freese has DUI's. I wouldn't have minded Colon but I would feel dirty with us signing him because he was caught cheating. Scott, you even mentioned in this thread that he was the best starter left, so are you willing to bend the rules because of the quality of player he can be? It's ok if you say that you would, I just don't think you see yourself like that.

Well he is already a repeat offender...  What rules would I be bending?

It does bother me.  Why judge one and not the other?  Why not just forgive both if that is your mindset?  

What it does tell me is that people realistically don't give a crap about responsible drinking nor do they care about DUI's.  In general

Where did I say I didn't care about DUI's?! I just view DUI's differently than cheating. If my wife was busted with a DUI, I would be PISSED. But if I found out she was cheating, that would be on a whole different level.

I think there are much higher chances of Colon getting busted for PED's again than Freese getting another deuce.

Considering Freese has been popped twice and Colon only once I'm not sure why you would make that statement.  Regardless, risks aside, I think putting people's lives at risk is much more disgusting.

Scott, you stand on this moral high ground which is fine it's better than having no morals. But then you say you'd sign Colon because he is the best available, even though he is a cheater. So if the Angels needed say, a middle infielder to back up Howie and Aybar. The best one available is a PED user. The position isn't that crucial there are other free agent back up middle infielders. Would you support the Angels signing that player?

Yeah, Freese's DUIs bug the crap outta me. But let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

Colon's cheating bugs me, too. It's hard to see how he was washed up, came back, became as effective as ever, got caught, came back from his suspension without losing a step, AND HE'S 40???

Something smells rotten in the State of Denmark, and it's not the fish.

I was OK with Colon getting one year with a one year option and no more. Only because this market is not exactly brimming with great pitching nor cheap pitching.

But it's not that I would have liked signing Colon.

Edited by Mark68

Considering Freese has been popped twice and Colon only once I'm not sure why you would make that statement.  Regardless, risks aside, I think putting people's lives at risk is much more disgusting.

One of those was when he was 19. I did way worse than drive with a couple drinks in me when I was that age.

The last one was just a coupl of years ago.

Whatever, I sincerely hope he has learned his lesson.  He is on the Angels and I will root for him just as I would for anyone else on the team.  I just don't like the hypocrisy of calling out Colon for cheating and yet being perfectly dandy with Freese.

Does it bother you that I'm still friends with people that have had DUIs, nor do I judge them?? But I can tell you I cut ties with cheaters. Therefore I am able to view DUI's on a different level than cheating.

They should also stop selling alcohol at Angels games because of Adenhart.

Scott, you stand on this moral high ground which is fine it's better than having no morals. But then you say you'd sign Colon because he is the best available, even though he is a cheater. So if the Angels needed say, a middle infielder to back up Howie and Aybar. The best one available is a PED user. The position isn't that crucial there are other free agent back up middle infielders. Would you support the Angels signing that player?

I guess.  Rock and hard place, you know?  I do believe in the fact that people are remorseful and genuinely sorry for messing up ONCE.

Of course and if he goes to jail I'd be critical of him. But there is just too much smoke surrounding Colon and his performance to think he's doing it naturally.

I think there are much higher chances of Colon getting busted for PED's again than Freese getting another deuce.

Yeah, Freese's DUIs bug the crap outta me. But let he who is without sin cast the first stone...

Colon's cheating bugs me, too. It's hard to see how he was washed up, came back, became as effective as ever, got caught, came back from his suspension without losing a step, AND HE'S 40???

Something smells rotten in the Stae of Denmark, and it's not the fish.

I was OK with Colon getting one year with a one year option and no more. Only because this market is not exactly brimming with great pitching nor cheap pitching.

But it's not that I would have liked signing Colon.

These.

Was your best friend killed by a drunk driver?  I'm sure Weaver is thrilled that Freese is on the team.

my best friend was killed by a drunk driver. his brother was nearly killed. as an adult, i have to be able to see the complexities of a topic, otherwise i'm not who i am or want to be anyway.