• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets sign Colon

Scott34

Awesome logic here. We trade for a guy who gets a DUI and now we should accept every asshole on the market because?

When you sign a guy, you expect him to be injured at one point in the season. That's just the smart thing to do. Colon brings another variable to this though, we could lose him to a suspension and be forced to slot in a guy who isn't ready which kills the club. Way too many risks, on top of him being 40 years old and most certainly regressing as well.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

Lawrence, here is the post, the question was asked what is the moral difference between the two.  I think I can safely draw the conclusion that the author is more troubled with the cheating considering his reply.

Fair enough. But like Halos of Anaheim inferred, just because we sign one morally questionable athlete doesn't mean we should sign another. Right?

So you're saying PED's did nothing but instead it was blood platelets. RIGHT! Interesting that I haven't heard of any other players doing the blood platelet regimen only to come back stronger and healthier.

Where did I say PEDs did nothing?  A large number of other players haven't done the blood platelet thing because it's super risky and tough to do.  You're grasping at straws.

Awesome logic here. We trade for a guy who gets a DUI and now we should accept every asshole on the market because?

When you sign a guy, you expect him to be injured at one point in the season. That's just the smart thing to do. Colon brings another variable to this though, we could lose him to a suspension and be forced to slot in a guy who isn't ready which kills the club. Way too many risks, on top of him being 40 years old and most certainly regressing as well.

I don't think anyone is using the logic you have stated here.  I don't really want to see Colon on the Angels because he is a cheater.  But I see somebody with multiple DUI's as a much more despicable person.  Somebody who is willing to risk other people's lives for no reason at all.

Regardless, I'm glad we didn't sign Colon. 

we are not talking about everyday life here, we are talking about baseball.

in my mind, realistically, taking steroids is a greater offense than a dui. i understand that in life a dui has far more serious implications, but try to understand the complexity of the topic.

cheating at baseball is a fundamental violation of the spirit of competition. dui's are serious and potentially deadly, but they have also systematically evolved into a means of income for municipalities rather than a service of public safety. how many of us don't know many people with dui's? his came at 19 and 27, i think. should he have learned the first time? i'd say yes, but is it an indictment of poor moral character? i'd say no. i'd say he made a pretty dumb mistake that MANY upstanding citizens continue to make on a nightly basis. i think we should save the moral turpitude for someone more deserving, like say a bartolo colon.

Yes I'm pretty sure people are MT. Most of us (Both Lawrence and I) stated that the roids part has more to do with the fact that he could get caught at any time and leave us one man short. The cheating is bad enough, but that adds another more vital element. 

Again.  ANY proof hes juicing again?

Lawrence, here is the post, the question was asked what is the moral difference between the two.  I think I can safely draw the conclusion that the author is more troubled with the cheating considering his reply.

I'm more troubled because I don't see how DUIs has anything to do with cheating in baseball.

Again.  ANY proof hes juicing again?

This question only works when there's never been any roid history (like when people accuse Pujols). He took roids, he has a history of being a cheater. You don't walk into a room asking who molested a child and ignore the dude with pedophilia history. Note that I also did say ''could'', the worrying is a huge aspect of this too.

Where did I say PEDs did nothing?  A large number of other players haven't done the blood platelet thing because it's super risky and tough to do.  You're grasping at straws.

Because his numbers are the same from before and after getting caught with PEDs. So why haven't his numbers dropped??? Either he's still on them or the PED's never helped him in the first place.

The fact that an Angels player was killed by a drunk driver and we willingly traded for a guy with a history of drunk driving doesn't bother you?

I'd like to go on record as saying it bothers the shit out of me.  Once would be one thing, but the fact that he has done it multiple times . . . ugh.

This question only works when there's never been any roid history (like when people accuse Pujols). He took roids, he has a history of being a cheater. You don't walk into a room asking who molested a child and ignore the dude with pedophilia history. Note that I also did say ''could'', the worrying is a huge aspect of this too.

Yeah this makes no sense.  Colon is a great pitcher.  That's what I know.

The fact that an Angels player was killed by a drunk driver and we willingly traded for a guy with a history of drunk driving doesn't bother you?

Does it bother you that I'm still friends with people that have had DUIs, nor do I judge them?? But I can tell you I cut ties with cheaters. Therefore I am able to view DUI's on a different level than cheating.

Does it bother you that I'm still friends with people that have had DUIs, nor do I judge them?? But I can tell you I cut ties with cheaters. Therefore I am able to view DUI's on a different level than cheating.

Was your best friend killed by a drunk driver?  I'm sure Weaver is thrilled that Freese is on the team.