• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets sign Colon

Scott34

You guys are hilarious, don't get Colon because, god forbid, he cheated at sports.  However, if I have a problem with a player who drinks and drives repeatedly, I'm on my high horse.  

Incredible.

Like I said, IMO there is a much higher probability of Colon getting caught with PED's again than Freese getting popped for DUI. I'm just looking at this from a baseball standpoint.

Morally I think Freese had some issues but it appears he's straightened up some (with help from Holliday) and he's not a big enough concern for the Angels not to sign him. Many players have had problems with drugs and alcohol including former Angels. They're human.

Like I said, IMO there is a much higher probability of Colon getting caught with PED's again than Freese getting popped for DUI. I'm just looking at this from a baseball standpoint.

Morally I think Freese had some issues but it appears he's straightened up some (with help from Holliday) and he's not a big enough concern for the Angels not to sign him. Many players have had problems with drugs and alcohol including former Angels. They're human.

I get having problems with drugs and alcohol.  I understand that.  Never said a peep about Hamilton or any others.  

But when somebody says "Screw everyone else, I'm getting in my car" I have a huge problem with that.  Especially once they have been nailed once before.  

I get having problems with drugs and alcohol.  I understand that.  Never said a peep about Hamilton or any others.  

But when somebody says "Screw everyone else, I'm getting in my car" I have a huge problem with that.  Especially once they have been nailed once before.  

I can fricken guarantee you that Hamilton has driven under the influence.

I can fricken guarantee you that Hamilton has driven under the influence.

Ok?  This is stupid.  I know Freese did because he's been popped twice.  That is what I know.  

I also know that drunk drivers kill thousands of people every year.  That is the math I struggle with.  

drinking and driving is horrible and has led to many unnecessary and horrible tragedies.

so have countless other things that people do like speeding and texting while driving etc

to do what Freese did is reprehensible and the fact that is happened twice for him shows that his decision making process was broken at some point or he had a problem with alcohol or both. 

I don't think anyone condones such actions but people can make mistakes, change their ways and hopefully be forgiven. 

Baseball is filled with people who have done bad or even horrible things.  Drinking and driving, Spousal abuse, illegal drug use, Sexual assault, Infidelity, etc.

Each of these things hits home in different ways for all of us.  To try and convince someone that one thing is worse than the other is an exercise in futility. 

drinking and driving is horrible and has led to many unnecessary and horrible tragedies.

so have countless other things that people do like speeding and texting while driving etc

to do what Freese did is reprehensible and the fact that is happened twice for him shows that his decision making process was broken at some point or he had a problem with alcohol or both. 

I don't think anyone condones such actions but people can make mistakes, change their ways and hopefully be forgiven. 

Baseball is filled with people who have done bad or even horrible things.  Drinking and driving, Spousal abuse, illegal drug use, Sexual assault, Infidelity, etc.

Each of these things hits home in different ways for all of us.  To try and convince someone that one thing is worse than the other is an exercise in futility. 

This is a really good post.  I'm just saying, to this organization, I would've thought that guys with multiple DUIs would've never have been acquired.

Does it bother you that I'm still friends with people that have had DUIs, nor do I judge them?? But I can tell you I cut ties with cheaters. Therefore I am able to view DUI's on a different level than cheating.

I'm friends with women who have had abortions, you know killing their own babies, despite the fact that it's against my beliefs. Does that make me a bad guy? A good friend of mine struggled with drugs and had DUI's early on but because myself and others never kicked him when he was down, he's a changed man. Forgiveness is incredibly powerful. Grudges are cancerous.

Scott, you gotta let the stuff go that has happened in these guys personal lives. I thought we're here to root for the players on the field, not what they do or don't do outside of baseball.

Plus how do we know if perceived good guys like Torii Hunter, Tim Salmon and Garret Anderson haven't driven after a few one time or another, but just never got caught?

How many people have PED's killed vs drunk drivers?  one to thousands would be the comparison.

this is absolutely STUPID

One is a criminal behavior that is handled by the American legal system.  DUI's are severely punished because it can lead to someones death.

PEDs is cheating in baseball.  Baseball fails to handle it.  and PEDs users are not severely punished.  Quite the contrary, they are rewarded.

You guys are hilarious, don't get Colon because, god forbid, he cheated at sports.  However, if I have a problem with a player who drinks and drives repeatedly, I'm on my high horse.  

Incredible.

I have a problem with Colon because he is cheating (not that he cheated) and it is an embarrassment to the sport!

I am not a fan of Freese, but I don't think he should be banned by baseball because he committed a criminal crime such as DUIs.  DUIs are severely punished with mandatory jail time and thousands of dollars of fines.  Second offense is a year in jail.  AND if they kill someone while DUI they can spend 20+ years in Jail.

PEDs users get paid millions for cheating.  They go through great length to mask drug test results.  If they get caught they get a 50 day suspension and keep their millions and if Colon's case a RAISE!  He just signed a 20 million dollar contract and if he is caught a second time it is 100 day vacation and keeping the million.

I don't blame Colon for what he is doing.  I blame MLB.  I blame the franchises who signs him because they know what they are doing.  

Since your so caught up on the DUI situation, it would be like the Cardinals kept giving Freese to beers to drink and gave them a new SUV to drive home knowing he is drunk.

this is absolutely STUPID

One is a criminal behavior that is handled by the American legal system.  DUI's are severely punished because it can lead to someones death.

PEDs is cheating in baseball.  Baseball fails to handle it.  and PEDs users are not severely punished.  Quite the contrary, they are rewarded.

Seriously dude, you need to quit with the all caps.  It is one of the lamest things I've seen on aw.  Talk about stupid.  It doesn't make your points any less incipid