• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Happy Thanksgiving, Angels Fans

Chuck

I hope you all have an outstanding day with your loved ones! While the day is focused on football, food and fellowship, make sure to reflect on what you're thankful for.

There are many things that I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my kids & wife.

I'm thankful for good friends and for a loving family. I'm also thankful for Max & Princess, my dogs.

I'm thankful for an incredible step-dad who has always loved me and treated me like I was his own.

I'm thankful that the God I believe in will not leave me or forsake me.

I'm thankful for my health, my job and a wonderful house on a river and by the beach.

I'm thankful for the gift of a giving heart, something my parents bestowed upon me.

I'm thankful for this website and what it has become in the past 4-5 years. (2014 is our 10-year anniversary)

I'm thankful for the talented group of writers we have here. Best Angels content on the net.

I'm thankful for my Board of Directors, Mods & Contributors here.

I'm thankful for my friendship with Tim Mead.

I'm thankful for the friendships that have been formed from this very website. Some of you are truly like family.

Lastly, I'm thankful for moving up to Seattle in 2005 when I did. This opportunity allowed me to share some of best moments in my life from 2005-2008 with my dad, as we had lived thousands of miles away from each other since I was a kid. As some of you know, on November 27th, 2008, my father unexpectedly passed away from a massive stroke just a few hours after we shared laughs and fellowship with the family, at the house I used to visit him in for years growing up. Now, my house.

I'm thankful that I hugged my dad earlier that day when he arrived and when he took his last breath on this earth, later that night. I'm thankful for all the memories with my pops that I have to reflect on and hope to come close to leaving behind a legacy that he would be proud of, that my kids and those who really know me can take a little something positive away from the life I lived on this planet.

Some of you back in 2008, on this very website, were my rock. Your prayers were heard and felt by myself and my family. See, my dad was not just my father, but he was also my best friend. Please love on and hug your loved ones and friends, as in just a moment, they can be with you, and gone just like that.

Here's a video I made for my dad's memorial service where I gave the eulogy. I hope that by watching it, you can be thankful for what you have, and for what those love you.

Happy Thanksgiving, AngelsWin.com Members.

Amen.

I was literally going to sit down and write something very much the same as what Chuck wrote, but he beat me to it. His eloquence is better than mine.

Happy Thanksgiving AngelsWin.com. We all have a lot to be thankful for, and may you all have a happy holiday filled with family, friends, good food and merriment.

And, for those who are Jewish, Happy Hanukkah.

Happy Thanksgiving peeps..

Chuck, like you my Dad has been my only real hero and my best friend.  He passed away in 07 and for a couple years it was difficult to watch baseball, as it had been the one thing we always shared and loved.  The best part of he 2002 postseason for me is still that we were able to go to every WS game home and away and shared the ultimate Angels/baseball high together.

Bring on the football and the L-tryptophan bird!!!!

I am thankful that our noisy and voracious turkeys, Tasty and Delicious, are finally resting in the fridge and freezer, respectively.

I am thankful for the American IPA and Blond Ale we enjoyed while beheading, boiling, and plucking them.

I am very thankful that everyone agrees that next year's turkeys will come from Costco.

I am thankful for the amazing Oatmeal Stout that I saved and just put in the fridge to enjoy while eating Tasty this evening.

I am thankful for the smoked trout from upper Lee Vining Creek that are defrosted and ready to eat (and sad that this is the last of them).

I am thankful for my vegetable garden, and that the well hasn't dried up during this drought.

I am thankful for my great neighbors and my mountain/country lifestyle.

I am thankful for my brothers in E Clampus Vitus (SATISFACTORY!)

And finally...

I am thankful that the platooning black hole at 3rd base has finally been filled.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

happy thanksgiving, everyone. i'm thankful for a place to talk about angels baseball and so many other subjects. you guys have taught me much, made me see some things differently, and made me laugh almost daily (except for adam). thanks for being so accepting of this vegetarian saturday worshipper.

Happy Thanksgiving, AWers!  I'm thankful for this forum, and getting my breaking news from you all; this is a great community.

I'm also thankful for friends and family that I can count on, because I try to always be available to them.  I'm thankful to still be able to enjoy playing as many of the sports I also enjoy watching.  I'm thankful to live so close to the ocean, to be able to ride/paddle/swim/dive the waves and water, or just take a rejuvenating float.

I'm thankful to have a career where I can make a difference, big and small.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Got to spend today with aunt, uncle and cousins from New Jersey.   My aunt told us that on the flight out here, they did the math and the last time we spent Thanksgiving together was 33 years ago.  Felt very blessed to be together.

Hope you all had a wonderful day with friends and/or family.