• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cardinals sign Peralta 4yr/$52mil

SoWhat

Guess the Cards figure with Bourjos in CF, they don't have to worry about their defense anywhere else. Peralta is terrible defensively, but I can see why they'd rather go this route. Peralta would definitely help them improve their offense and more importantly, they can fill their only real need(SS) without having to do so via trade and likely losing one of their arms. They can now keep all of their arms. What a luxury

Quick Jerry, swoop in and sign Peralta for the lulz.

Trade Aybar for more fringey relievers, and roll with a Freese/Peralta/Green/Pujols infield!

"Roll" there of course referring to all the balls rolling through the infield and onto the outfield grass.

Edited by jshep

Wow, sounds like Peralta is going to get paid. He's a good player but I wouldn't offer more than 3-4 years, $12 per - maybe 3/$40 or 4/$50MM.

As the assertion that Aybar is better, that is highly questionable. According to Fangraphs, over 2011-13 Peralta has the 4th highest WAR among shortstops at 11.0, while Aybar is 9th at 9.2. WAR also likes Peralta's defense more, with 43 Def over that period of time to Aybar's 16.5.

That said, Peralta's a year and a half older - going to be 32 in May, while Aybar turns 30 in January.

I am a bit surprised.    Not a fan of picking up a PED guy.  

I do like the offense he will bring to the lineup, especially from a position like SS.  

I hope its not for a crazy amount of years.    Its not like the Cards to bring someone in on a long deal who isn't already on the team.

And obviously I'm glad Cards wouldn't give up a draft pick or a young pitcher like Miller, Martinez, Kelly, etc.

CARDSFANVEGAS -- let us Halo fans know when you're ready to part with Rosenthal........really like the way he pitches.

So effective in his current role, he may not get the rotation gig he probably deserves and would excel at.

Then again, Chris Carpenter has retired.......

I would imagine he is pretty much untouchable as far as Mo is concerned.

Mo already said he is the closer for 2014.

I agree he deserves a shot at the rotation, but its a bit of a log jam and Trevor has already had success as a closer.   

Plus with Jason Motte leaving for free agency in another year they need someone who can hold that spot down for the long term.

Of course with injuries you never know what can happen.  

7:26pm: Jon Heyman of CBS Sports tweets that one team who offered Peralta four years and $52MM was told they're "not even in [the] game."

Steroids are expensive, what with the international smuggling and the shady clinics in the back of carpet stores. They have to throw in enough to keep him supplied, otherwise he stops hitting.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Aybar and Howie both have extremely good deals. If Howie was a free agent this offseason, he's probably looking at a 4/50 type of deal. 

Those two deals plus having found a taker for Wells are possibly his best moves as GM.   The CJ Wilson signing was a good value signing as well.

Edited by Inside Pitch