• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bourjos traded to Cardinals

SoWhat

I don't know what pagr I'm on, but I agree with grichuk/salas part being an eyebrow raiser. I liked bourjos too, but people need to get off his dick. Sure he had a solid 11, but that was two years ago. How do we know they're trading him while his value is "low", do you have confidence he could've rebuilt it on this team?

Children please

why couldn't he? Did you see how well he was doing before he hit the DL? Bourjos can play. He's a very good player that has a much higher long term value than what we got in return. 

why couldn't he? Did you see how well he was doing before he hit the DL? Bourjos can play. He's a very good player that has a much higher long term value than what we got in return.

Ok fine. He played well then got hurt. Calhoun also showed that he's more than competent, so where are you going to put bourjos, assuming you keep Calhoun? There was no room for him on this team. We don't know how the other 29 teams saw him in value, so this very well couldve been the most teams were willing to give up

The thing I don't like about this trade is I can't for the life of me remember the last time a player has actually improved upon or met their previous stats after coming here via trade. Freese scares the shit out of me cus he follows this same pattern. Hope he proves me wrong. I really do.

We really have to cross our fingers with this one. It'd be nice to find a deal where you look at it and only see upside - like Cardinal fans are doing right now.

Ok fine. He played well then got hurt. Calhoun also showed that he's more than competent, so where are you going to put bourjos, assuming you keep Calhoun? There was no room for him on this team. We don't know how the other 29 teams saw him in value, so this very well couldve been the most teams were willing to give up

The best overall lineup for this team had Bourjos in center, Trout in left, and Calhoun / Hamilton splitting time at RF/DH with Trumbo (who seemed to have the most trade value) being shipped off for pitching.

Edited by AngelsLakersFan

I don't put Calhoun above Bourjos at this point, so if both are on the team, Bourjos gets more playing time as the higher overall value to the team. Like I said before, if you're not going to get a like value in return, and I think anyone trying to argue we did in this case comes up well short, then don't trade him now. You especially don't jump into an early trade season deal if your return is poor. This is a bad deal. 

add me to the list that hate this trade.

however, it's not that I hate losing Bourjos:  it allows Trout to play CF, it will give Calhoun more playing time, Bourjos had injury problems, and he didn't even take full advantage of his biggest asset in not stealing many bases.  BUT I hate losing Bourjos for a mediocre 3B on the wrong side of 30, who is injury prone himself and already arb eligible.  Honestly, I don't see much of a difference between Freese and the pupu platter-style platoon we were going to run out there.

the FACTS are: the roster just got older, more expensive, and the pitching didn't improve.

the Grichuk/Salas part is just the cherry on the shit sundae.

I don't put Calhoun above Bourjos at this point, so if both are on the team, Bourjos gets more playing time as the higher overall value to the team. Like I said before, if you're not going to get a like value in return, and I think anyone trying to argue we did in this case comes up well short, then don't trade him now. You especially don't jump into an early trade season deal if your return is poor. This is a bad deal. 

My biggest problem is not that we traded Bourjos, but that we did not trade him for the primary position of need.

.333 .392 .457 .849

That is Peter's line at June 29th when he was hit by the pitch. Jury is out on whether or not he could manage that through a full 162 game season. Question is, can Calhoun hit that or be better?

Not according to lifetime.

No doubt Calhoun is a better offensive player than Bourjos, and since we have Trout, Calhoun is the much better fit of the two.

I don't see how this is a terrible trade for us….

Bourjos is a good player but nothing what you guys think he is and he is GLASS, only playing 156 games in the last two years …he didn't have the trade value to get the starting pitching we are looking for…but he did have the trade value to get a solid 3rd Baseman, which was a need for us if you guys forgot...

We still have a talented/above avg. outfield in Hamilton, Trout, Calhoun/Shuck/Trumbo….

Freese fills a hole in our infield, giving us a solid 3rd baseman…which could allow us to move Aybar/Kendrick for pitching…aybar/kendrick will bring back better players in a trade then Bourjos would.

Freese also gets away from his hometown where he felt lots of pressure as a player to produce. Just like Chris Davis did in Texas but once he was moved to Baltimore…..we all saw what happened there. 

Lastly to think that we are done for the offseason and don't have a chance to trade or sign some starting pitching because we traded Borjous is Crazy, lets the offseason unfold….