• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumbo or Morales

Torridd

If we had not signed Hamilton, I'd be all for trading Trumbo and re-signing Morales to give us a solid lefty DH bat/backup 1B for much less money than Hamilton is getting.

At least Morales doesn't totally disappear for 1-2 months at a time, like Trumbo does.

Their OPS' the past 2 years are similar too.

Edited by Angel Oracle

i'd rather have morales over trumbo just because trumbo is way too streaky and just isn't a very good hitter.

but our biggest need is pitching, so i'm not sure the halos need to spend much time on this particular debate.

If we had not signed Hamilton, I'd be all for trading Trumbo and re-signing Morales to give us a solid lefty DHn bat/backup 1B for much less money than Hamilton is getting.

At least Morales doesn't totally disappear for 1-2 months at a time, like Trumbo does.

Their OPS' the past 2 years are similar too.

When Morales disappears it for a couple years, not months.

Trumbo for a few reasons. One, he has more upside and there's still room for improvement, while I think what you see is what you get with Kendrys - a solid, but unspectacular DH. Two, money. Kendrys will get at least $8M a year, maybe $10M+. You don't spend that kind of money on an average DH especially when you're in danger of hitting the luxury tax AND need pitching in a bad way AND have one of the best players of his generation needing a long-term extension. Three, versatility. Trumbo can play three positions, one pretty well; Kendrys can play none, or at least not really.

Even if Trumbo is traded, DH can be a rotation of Pujols, Hamilton, Calhoun, and Conger. It doesn't need filling.

I disagree here. I don't think the team can afford to just lose 35 homers. Right now, Calhoun and Conger are still part-timers. I hope that Pujols can bounce back to his offensive self, but I don't think the team can afford to think Trumbo's offense doesn't need replacing.

His .760 OPS is easily replaceable. Homeruns are nice and I would RATHER keep Trumbo but this team needs young pitching badly and if he gets you that well then you have to consider it.

Someone like Kelly Johnson could be a cheap replacement for either Trumbo or Kendrick, if one of them is traded. He isn't great by any means but he has solid power and plays decent enough defense at 2nd and LF.

His .760 OPS is easily replaceable. Homeruns are nice and I would RATHER keep Trumbo but this team needs young pitching badly and if he gets you that well then you have to consider it.

Someone like Kelly Johnson could be a cheap replacement for either Trumbo or Kendrick, if one of them is traded. He isn't great by any means but he has solid power and plays decent enough defense at 2nd and LF.

Eh, Johnson sucks. .715 & .678 OPS in the last two years. We can save $2M by using Grant Green. Pretty sure he can put up better numbers too Edited by SoWhat