• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert suing Jack Clark

Spirit

"Jack has said all along and, certainly, continues to say that if Albert Pujols wants to file the lawsuit, he looks forward to defending the lawsuit before 12 unbiased people who don't have a horse in the race. And we'll look forward to the discovery process and the deposition of Mr. Pujols. I have a variety of questions for Mr. Pujols."

St. Louis Post Dispatch

Isn't he in a no win situation though?  If he says/does nothing, it's almost as if he isn't seriously disputing the claim.  If he does do something (sue), he's thrown in the Armstrong bucket.  

If he doesn't sue, there will be speculation that it is because he really was using, and evidence of that could become public during the trial. If he does, many may conclude there is no evidence that he is a steroid user, because otherwise he would not run the risk of being exposed as a PED user and a liar (see Rodriguez, Alex and Palmeiro, Rafael).

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

not sure how this benefits Pujols at all and could come back to bite him.......reminds of the Pettite/Clemens stuff.

It reminds me of when Gordon Ramsay won $138,000 in libel damages from Associated Newspapers Ltd.

Or when Katie Holmes won an out of court settlement against Star magazine for a bogus drug addiction story.

Or when Kiera Knightley won £3,000 from the Daily Mail.

Or when Cameron Diaz won her libel lawsuit against The Sun over the claim she had an affair with a married man.

It reminds me of when Gordon Ramsay won $138,000 in libel damages from Associated Newspapers Ltd.

Or when Katie Holmes won an out of court settlement against Star magazine for a bogus drug addiction story.

Or when Kiera Knightley won £3,000 from the Daily Mail.

Or when Cameron Diaz won her libel lawsuit against The Sun over the claim she had an affair with a married man.

The last thing that Albert needs is more money. The trainer has already denied the allegations made by Clark. Game Over, so move on and get focused on 2014. I hope this doesn't become a convenient excuse for next season.  

Edited by Hamiltown

The last thing that Albert needs is more money. The trainer has already denied the allegations made by Clark. Game Over, so move on and get focused on 2014. I hope this doesn't become a convenient excuse for next season.  

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if/when Albert wins this, all the $$$ goes to charity.

angels website said he will donate all winnings to charity

I'm betting this gets all settled before Pujols gets deposed.  A deposition would be a complete nightmare for him.  He'll be asked not only about himself, but if he's ever seen or heard about other players/coaches/doctors in his locker rooms taking or discussing PED in any way.  And he'll have to answer truthfully to every single one of them.  The deposition would literally take days, and all of his answers will be documented forever since there's no statue of limitations, and if anything surfaces later with anybody he's ever shared a lockerroom with, the deposition could come back to bite him in myriad ways.  Lawyers for any other teammate/coach/doctor who come under scrutiny for any illegal activites, PED or otherwise, will be aware of Pujols' deposition, and could/would use any tiny inaccuracy they could dispute in the deposition as a bargaining chip for their client.

I think you're right. He would put his foot in his mouth.

Question. Mr. Pujols if you answer a question without telling me you didn't understand it, I'm going to take the position that if you later try to say you didn't understand the question that you did, and you were trying to get out from under the answer.

Do you understand that?

Answer.....Huh?

Albert could very well be clean but when Mihlfeld is deposed he may have to give up other names. Names that are probably wishing that Albert would just STFU. 

No he won't. Those kind of questions are irrelevant to the lawsuit or the parties involved in the lawsuit. 

I applaud Albert for standing up to public accusations against his character.

Most of the PEDs users, at some point, stood up against accusations.  Really doesn't mean anything one way or the other.  I agree with the sentiment...it can only go downhill for Pujols in court.  Forget about Clark and learn how to run again.

No he won't. Those kind of questions are irrelevant to the lawsuit or the parties involved in the lawsuit. 

Lifetime, I'm certain that Clark's attorneys will try to discredit Mihlfeld because of past allegations that he referred some of his clients (I'm not saying Albert Pujols) to an amphetamine, anabolic steroids and HGH source. All I'm saying is that this could go in all kinds of directions. I also don't think that the court of public opinion really matters and that Albert should just move on to 2014 with no distractions.      

Edited by Hamiltown