• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's will remove tarps and add seats for playoffs

fan_since79

I went there by car in 2006 while driving the west coast. Timed our visit to coincide with an Angels series.

Paid a fortune to enter the parking lot only to discover the usual shitty 10,000 fan average had swelled to a sell out as it was a firework show night! We didn't have tickets as didn't expect it to be necessary. My fault, but who'd have thought so many extra people would show up because of fireworks!

Eventually managed to get a parking lot refund after a lengthy discussion and watched the game back at our hotel! Missed the fireworks though  ;)

Edited by steveuk

I think I went to that series cause I believe the magic number was around 2-4 at that point.

The stadium is bad (because of Al Davis) and the neighborhood around it is garbage. We all know that!

Again, just park at bart!

Edited by DW711

Sewage issues strike again at Oakland Coliseum

Posted by Mike Florio on September 18, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT

Something stinks in Oakland. So far this season, it’s not the football team that plays there.

For the second time in 2013, however, the baseball team that shares a stadium with the Raiders has experienced sewage problems in the building. Via Jorge L. Ortiz of USA Today, the term “seventh-inning stretch” acquired a very new and unwelcome meaning on Tuesday night.

In June, sewage invaded both clubhouses. Last night, it backed up into the dugout.

“There’s no carpet down there [in the dugout], so it’s a little bit better, but it’s still pretty gross,” A’s infielder Jed Lowrie said. “It’s kind of repulsive, honestly.”

While the current situation was isolated to one toilet (does Bartolo Colon have an alibi?), there’s a concern that things could get interesting during the playoffs, when capacity swells from 35,000 to 48,000.

Raiders owner Mark Davis has made it clear that he wants to build a new stadium in Oakland. Those concerns surely will intensify if/when the Black Hole ever becomes a brown mess