• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A's will remove tarps and add seats for playoffs

fan_since79

The Oakland Coliseum was a better than average baseball park back when the centerfield area was open and you could see the Oakland Hills.......

then Al Davis got his way with the park and from that day forward it's been a football stadium where the A's are second class tenants sort of like being in steerage section........

The A's keep competitive and winning division titles and in the playoff hunt despite a small budget, an OK market but one that acts like a small market when it comes to East Bay based baseball and a stadium that is unacceptable.......

Bud Selig has to get off his tail and make a decision which should be to tell the SF Giants that they have their new ballpark and the A's deserve theirs even if it's in San Jose (which the Giants object to).

The underdog A's may become everyone's team if they can make a sustained run in the playoffs........

The view used to be much better... and the value of a stadium being open is underrated, imo.   Safeco is great, but with the roof, it is massive.  As for Oakland, the seats have always been far from fair territory.  It would be terrible, compared to most MLB stadiums, even if the seats in the outfield hadn't been added.  It is one of the oldest stadiums in MLB.  

A's fans show up to playoff games = good for baseball. Texas fans show up = bandwagon

A's win division with a payroll of 66 million = good for baseball. Texas wins the division with a payroll of 55 million = hated

I don't think anyone hates the team as much as they do some of their fans.   From 55 mil to 114 mil in what, three years...  Goes to show how hard it is to keep a team together.

I like going to the games... It adds character

It does look gross, but going to the games are totally fine.  Everyone is really chill.

I remember watching them dredging the bay for bodies when I'd go to games there while in college.  But as far as the fans go -- they were always great people to talk ball with fire zingers back and forth with.  To be perfectly frank, probably the most fun I've had in an opposing park has been in Oakland and thats true in the 90s, 00s, and my two games there this decade...   Nothing Raider-ish about the fans at all.

I hope they get a new park,and that the fans support them when they do.

Edited by Inside Pitch