• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Lineup 2014

ZachMartin1994

If we sign Tanaka, we could dangle say Bourjos and a prospect for a 3B. 

What happened to Cowart in 2013?

Romine is great with the glove and has solid plate discipline.

If he could just hit .250 (OBP of say .320) and put up something like 30 2B/5 3B/7 HRs, that would be fine for a year or two. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

That wrist injury had to hurt PB's trade value.  Assuming he has options left, I think they keep him down in SLC next season and hope he can stay healthy and have a strong year.  If Hamilton rebounds well next year, they'd have the option of trying to deal him if PB comes back strong.  I expect Pujols to split time at DH, so I think Trumbo is safe.  If anyone gets moved, it'll be Kendrick.  I expect Jimenez and Cowart to battle it out in spring for third base.  Even if he has a horrible spring, I think Iannetta will be the starting catcher.  So if I had to take a guess, it would be this:

C - Iannetta

1B - Pujols

2B - Green

3B - Jimenez

SS - Aybar

LF - Hamilton

CF - Trout

RF - Calhoun

DH - Trumbo

Calhoun - RF

Martin Prado - 3b

Trout - CF

Pujols -1b

Hamilton - LF

Kendrick - 2b

Morneau - DH

Conger/Ianetta C

Romine - SS

Trade Trumbo for Prado and a reliver or a SP prospect

Trade Bourjos and Aybar to Cinnci for Cingrani (yeah right) or Bailey and a reliever

Sign Morneau to a 1yr deal

Sign Tanaka

Sign Benoit

Edited by Dochalo

My best guess is one or both of Trumbo and Kendrick are traded this offseason for pitching so will probably see something along the lines of:

1) Bourjos CF

2) Calhoun RF/DH/1B

3) Trout LF

4) Pujols 1B/DH

5) Hamilton RF/DH

6) Conger/Ianetta C

7) Aybar SS

8) Green/Lindsey 2B

9) Romine/Jimenez 3B

Shuck 4th OF

Can't understand how people want to see the infield with Green and Jimenez (or Romine).

That is a very crappy infield

I don't want to but I think Kendrick will probably bring you the most value back in a trade plus we are 3-deep in prospects at the postion (Green, Lindsey, Yarborough).  As for 3B, we just don't have anything to speak of:  Jimenez looks to be another happy/slappy infielder, Marte is a 31 year old independent league ass-pull, Nelson is has too many holes in his game, Cowart is over a year away...just no good options at this time.  It will probably be the weakest position again next season.

That wrist injury had to hurt PB's trade value.  Assuming he has options left, I think they keep him down in SLC next season and hope he can stay healthy and have a strong year.  If Hamilton rebounds well next year, they'd have the option of trying to deal him if PB comes back strong.  I expect Pujols to split time at DH, so I think Trumbo is safe.  If anyone gets moved, it'll be Kendrick.  I expect Jimenez and Cowart to battle it out in spring for third base.  Even if he has a horrible spring, I think Iannetta will be the starting catcher.  So if I had to take a guess, it would be this:

C - Iannetta

1B - Pujols

2B - Green

3B - Jimenez

SS - Aybar

LF - Hamilton

CF - Trout

RF - Calhoun

DH - Trumbo

This is very likely going to be the 2014 opening day lineup. Albert gets to play with his biggest fans Aybar and Jimenez.

Calhoun - RF

Martin Prado - 3b

Trout - CF

Pujols -1b

Hamilton - LF

Kendrick - 2b

Morneau - DH

Conger/Ianetta C

Romine - SS

Trade Trumbo for Prado and a reliver or a SP prospect

Trade Bourjos and Aybar to Cinnci for Cingrani (yeah right) or Bailey and a reliever

Sign Morneau to a 1yr deal

Sign Tanaka

Sign Benoit

I'd love for this to happen. Cingrani and Tanaka in the rotation next year would be amazing.

1) DH Kole Calhoun

2) LF Mike Trout

3) 1B Albert Pujols

4) RF Josh Hamilton

5) 3B Luis Jimenez

6) 2B Grant Green

7) SS Erick Aybar

8)  C  Hank Conger

9) CF Peter Bourjos

Trumbo and Kendrick are the more likely choices to be traded considering they probably have the most value and demand in the marketplace. The Diamondbacks, Giants, and Phillies are all looking for a power corner outfield bat and so there is an opportunity to maximize the return on Mark.

Bench will be a FA RHH Catcher (or Iannetta might stay), Andrew Romine, and Shuck to start the season.