• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Lineup 2014

ZachMartin1994

Trade for Davidson + Reliever for Callhoun.  

1 - Bourjos CF

2 - Kendrick 2B

3 - Trout - LF

4 - Pujols 1B

5 - Hamilton - RF

6 - Trumbo - DH

7 - Conger/Iannetta C

8 - Davidson - 3B  

9 - Aybar SS

Or Aybar and Shuck for Headley

1 - Bourjos CF

2 - Kendrick 2B

3 - Trout - LF

4 - Pujols 1B

5 - Hamilton - RF

6 - Trumbo - DH

7 - Headley - 3B  

7 - Conger/Iannetta C

9 - Romine - SS

Why not Trumbo to AZ?  Salary plain and simple.  AZ would love a cost controlled guy like Calhoun.  And the Padres deal, Headley is in his last year before FA'cy.  They may be looking to move him, and I think (Don't follow the Padres much) they need a SS that's cheap, and Shucks style may play well for a NL team.  

Green is a stone at 2B.   Our defense was crappy enough this season.  It's horrible.

As much as I like Petey, I think we have more options to trade with our outfield.  I think a combo of Burjous/Trumbo gets us a good starter. 

I don't mind trading both, but we damn better get more than one good pitcher for them!

One damn good pitcher and a couple of pitching prospects!

It's not like there isn't 2B depth in the org.

Lindsey is close, and Yarbrough will be in AA to start off 2014.

Thus, Kendrick is the most likely to be dealt, followed by Bourjos, and then Trumbo.

The 800 lb. gorilla in the room is having 3 DH types by 2015/2016 (Trumbo, Pujols, and Hamilton).

Signing Tanaka could then mean the return of Chase Chase, dangling Kendrick or Bourjos plus a prospect.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Todd Greene is coming back to play 2B? Good god.

Also, Peter Bourjos will not play in Salt Lake except as a rehab assignment. The guy has earned his place as a major leaguer and will be in one of three options:

1) Starting CF for the Angels

2) "Floater" OF for the Angels - in a rotation with Trumbo and Calhoun

3) On another team

As for the OP, it is just too soon to say. Any number of players could be traded and I would imagine that Dipoto has different scenarios in mind.

1. Bourjos is traded. We net a #5 starter or SP Prospect 1-2 years away with #3/#4 potential. While he has had an injury laden year, I think he still has potential upside for teams to buy into. I think he has more trade value than Trumbo due to his other tools (speed, defense) and being cost-controlled.

2. Kendrick is traded. We net a #3/#4 starter. While Green may not be the superstar replacement we long for, I believe he is suitable.

1. Green (2B) - (1 or 2)

2. Calhoun (LF) - (1 or 2)

3. Trout (CF) - Hopefully what he's done grants him this spot next year.

4. Pujols (1B)

5. Hamilton (RF)

6. Trumbo (DH) - We know who he is now. He's not getting better, but he's still going to be cheaper, and will plate runs.

7. Conger © - Hopefully majority of the time over Ianetta, otherwise the bottom gets somewhat weak/unprotected.

8. Nelson (3B) - Probably the biggest hole on the field and in this position.

9. Aybar (SS)

4th OF: Shuck

Rotation:

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Starter from Howie trade.

4. Vargas

5. Richards

Depth: SP from Bourjos trade.

my ideal lineup

1. Calhoun/shuick OF

2. Jimenez 3B

3. Trout OF

4. Pujols DH

5. Trumbo 1B

6. Kendrick 2B

7. Aybar SS

8. Borjous OF

9. Conger/Ianetta C

bench - hamilton, green, shuck,

I like your defensive alignment, except you fail to acknowledge that Hamilton would end up at DH and Pujols at DL. Against lefty starter? Shuck in outfield, Calhoun DH, save yourself 2 Hamilton K's, a GIDP (that's Howie's job) and a pop up.

I like your defensive alignment, except you fail to acknowledge that Hamilton would end up at DH and Pujols at DL. Against lefty starter? Shuck in outfield, Calhoun DH, save yourself 2 Hamilton K's, a GIDP (that's Howie's job) and a pop up.

Sadly thats true

Trout anywhere less than the 3 hole with Pujols/Hamilton in front = LOB

Id rather have both Pujols and Hamilton ride the bench or bat in the 5th spot or above for the season

I pray this doesn't happen.

Seriously.

We must go outside the organization for a 3B next year. As much as I mock Michael Young I would prefer him to what we currently have in-house on a 1 year deal.

Shuck absolutely cannot be penciled in for more than 200 PAs in 2014. If he gets more than 300 PAs in 2014 something went terribly wrong.