• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WTF is with this bleeping weather?

For a while both dogs went a little crazy when I opened the windows and they heard the thunder. We have double paned so it mutes a lot of noise. Once open they started barking. It took them a while to settle down to just flinching when a large boom went off. Now they are sleeping through it. 

On 10/14/2018 at 9:53 PM, Angel Oracle said:

tank, I’m entrusting you to set up an appt with our local meteorologist, Mike Trout, to discuss.

he said you're worrying about all of it too much, and that NO ONE should EVER move to bixby knolls 'cause it's too friggin hot there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 6:26 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Stupid Santa Ana Winds!

Good for nothing!

Maybe rain will return by the time I retire?

You want rain, you're going to have to do what I did.

Move somewhere rainy. We've already gotten  3 -4 inches here. Learning about the wild mushrooms (big deal in this area) Invested in some good rain gear over the summer. 

Love it!

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

You want rain, you're going to have to do what I did.

Move somewhere rainy. We've already gotten  3 -4 inches here. Learning about the wild mushrooms (big deal in this area) Invested in some good rain gear over the summer. 

Love it!

Oregon is on a short list of places to move to in retirement.

9 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

So does drought, just ask those who lost houses to the many fires over the past 7 years of this worst ever SoCal drought.

The four seasons of weather is underrated.   

only if you ask those who have lost loved ones due to storms, hurricanes, floods, rain-related auto accidents, etc.

50 minutes ago, Lou said:

only if you ask those who have lost loved ones due to storms, hurricanes, floods, rain-related auto accidents, etc.

Understood, in my ideal world, the four seasons are warm to hot summers, warm to cool autumn with some rain, winters with solid enough rain totals but not 15 inches in a month like rain and also with a little snow, and then cool to warm springs with some rain.

Sounds like Oregon may be the place.   No hurricanes or tornadoes, no brutal heat just hot enough in the summers, a little winter snow, and best of all no crazy droughts!

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Understood, in my ideal world, the four seasons are warm to hot summers, warm to cool autumn with some rain, winters with solid enough rain totals but not 15 inches in a month like rain and also with a little snow, and then cool to warm springs with some rain.

Sounds like Oregon may be the place.   No hurricanes or tornadoes, no brutal heat just hot enough in the summers, a little winter snow, and best of all no crazy droughts!

Actually, central Oregon is under drought conditions. There were bad fires around Grants Pass and the Or-Cal border areas this summer. Drought conditions exist well north into British Columbia. Here on the coast there is plenty of rain, though.

Along the Or-Wa coast we have what is known as the Cascadia Fault or subduction zone, that is predicted to let loose at any time. There are Tsunami Warning Systems all up and down this coast that are tested monthly, and everyone is aware of how to get to somewhere safe in the likely event of a major slippage.