• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are extending stadium deal w/ Anaheim no more "of Anaheim"

HBMike

Bill Shaikin ?@BillShaikin 
Anaheim City Council to vote Tuesday on entering negotiations to extend #Angels stadium lease thru 2057, with opt-outs in 2036 and 2050.

Under new #Angels stadium lease, team could call itself whatever it wants. No more "of Anaheim" in "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim."

Key part of #Angels stadium story: Team and city would delay current opt out from 2016 to 2019, extending time to negotiate new deal.

Discuss.

I can understand why the city of Anaheim no longer wants its name associated with the Angels.

Then maybe you shouldn't be an Angels fan. The Angels are having a rough year, it happens. I am still  proud to be an Angel fan. The city is lucky to have them, they make money off the Angels.  

Edited by HBMike

New stadium please! Build it in the parking lot and build a nice bar/restaurant scene where fans can go before and after games so we're not stuck with OC Sports Grill or The Catch. Give it the SD/SF downtown feel.

For now, I'll settle for some new HD jumbotrons.

Interesting article.  I wonder what land Arte is interested in.  Could it be the parking lots?  I could see them doing a major renovation to he stadium and then converting the parking lots into a shopping/restaurant/entertainment district. 

Then maybe you shouldn't be an Angels fan. The Angels are having a rough year, it happens. I am still  proud to be an Angel fan. The city is lucky to have them, they make money off the Angels.  

That's a great answer to a silly post.

I can see how the City of Anaheim would want to tie up every conceivable loose end in order to prevent a non-ethical owner from trying to exploit another agreement in place.

Then again, I'm sure there's another loophole that can be found.

The previous agreement though probably relied too much on a gentlemen's agreement which did not take into account a complete d-bag of an owner taking the reigns and exploiting the city.

Edited by PTBNL