• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels are extending stadium deal w/ Anaheim no more "of Anaheim"

HBMike

So you sign a lease contract with certain term and then are unhappy with the terms?

We are NOT LA. hehehe

Who are WE? I don't remember anyone saying this about the Rams not being in LA. Most fans don't care, just the butt hurt ones who live in Anaheim. Again, all the tax revenue stays in Anaheim, LA gets nothing. People of Anaheim let it go. Edited by HBMike

So you sign a lease contract with certain term and then are unhappy with the terms?

We are NOT LA. hehehe

The Dallas Cowboys played in Irving, currently play in Arlington...  The Detroit Lions played in Pontiac.  The Giants and Jets both play in New Jersey.  The Washing Redskins played in Landover MD.  The Buffalo Bills play in Orchard Park.  The Detroit Pistons played/play in Auburn Hills.  The Pheonix Coyotes play in Glendale.  Those are the ones that came to mind off the top of my head.

The Angels name/location situation.... not exactly new...   The "of Anaheim"... beyond stupid.

Edited by Inside Pitch

No into football so don't care how they named their teams. :)

Point remains, the Angels name city/situation isn't out of the ordinary.

I grew up in Anaheim, was really stoked when they wore the Anaheim road jerseys, but I didn't mind it much when he wanted to change the name to LA.

Because I DID in fact grow up in Anaheim I spent a large part of my adult life trying to explain WHERE Anaheim was..  Typically I'd say, you know, in Orange County?..  When that didn't get anywhere I'd say, where Disneyland is? ...   More often than not the response was..   Ohhhh... So, Los Angeles..

So yeah...   Los Angeles Angels is fine by me.

the "of Anaheim"...   sigh...

Well I didn't grow up in Anaheim but did live over 30 years (prior to 2011) in Orange County. Working in Mission Viejo and living in MV, ET, LH, LF, RSM. Face it, Arte wanted to increase revenue with an LA name. Did he?

Wonder what he had planned if he actually was allowed to buy the D'backs? NY Diamonds?

smileylaughing17-1.gif

Yep, and Arte turned down a $350 million TV contract, he changed the name to LAA and then immediately signed a $500 million TV contract. I forgive him for the name change.

That's right, and we were able to bring Matthews and Wells here because of it.. wait, whut?

Wow. Read this article In the paper and thought -- what a turn around from the nasty name change issue a few years back.

I think what has happened is that Arte Moreno opened up a back channel negotiation with the downtown Los Angeles folks and the possibility of the Angels opting out became at least a possibility.

The City of Anaheim has proven that it cannot effectively developed the Orange Triangle properties -- or whatever they call the Stadium parking lot and surrounding area -- and now all cities, including Anaheim, have really lost their Redevelopment Agency financing authority -- so it makes some sense to do a 'redevelopment' like agreement with the ANGELS and let Arte Moreno fund the investment, reap the rewards and be provided with offsets from Stadium revenue and other issue concessions -- like the naming of the team stuff -- a silly battle that should have never been fought in the first place - IMO - and what may occur is the building of surrounding development -- perhaps even a new ballpark in the future.........could be like Seattle situation where they play in the old park while the new one is being built next door.........heck, Arte could even get into the S. California NFL sweepstakes.

I really can't see Anaheim without the Angels and, apparently, neither can the City of Anaheim.

If a lease extension agreement can be reached, this could provide some long term stability for the Halos.........

I still think, despite some of the infrastructure issues with the park -- it's one of the better stadiums in MLB today.......now if the tenant could have a winning record and be a contender again.