• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels' tense atmosphere nearly included Pujols, Hunter fight in 2012

Scott34

Uh, even if the article is true, it says Hunter is the one who charged at Pujols, while Pujols didn't want to get into a fight.

It was then that Hunter, from across the clubhouse, lost it and charged Pujols. Hawkins and outfielder Vernon Wells had to restrain him.

The meeting proceeded from there, and when it was over, tempers still heated, Hunter had to be physically held back a second time from going after Pujols, who is described as wanting no part of the fight.

Yeah, that's my point. Pujols should be less concerned with his stats and more concerned with how the team is performing. It's not a one man show...no need to be selfish IMO. If I was Hunter, I would have fought him too because he's bringing in a real negative influence to the youngsters by only caring about himself not the team IMO 

The story may be all false, who knows.  But what's more likely: Miller getting bad information from his sources or Miller going through message boards and writing stories that will generate the most discussion?

I don't think either is more likely necessarily. There is probably some of both in there. It's like looking for "evidence" to prove a theory rather than looking at the evidence to form a theory. I seriously believe that some of these writers build sensationalized stories based on fan reaction and chatter. Playing to their audience. 

Yeah, that's my point. Pujols should be less concerned with his stats and more concerned with how the team is performing. It's not a one man show...no need to be selfish IMO. If I was Hunter, I would have fought him too because he's bringing in a real negative influence to the youngsters by only caring about himself not the team IMO 

In an emotional rage, Hunter yells at Pujols for "being a bad teammate and pouting all season whenever he failed to get hits in a game" (according to the article). And this means that Pujols only cares about himself and not the team, how? 

In an emotional rage, Hunter yells at Pujols for "being a bad teammate and pouting all season whenever he failed to get hits in a game" (according to the article). And this means that Pujols only cares about himself and not the team, how? 

Torii said it himself that Pujols "Pouted whenever he didn't get a hit EVEN when the team won". He cares more about getting hits than being excited about the TEAM winning the game IMO. Don't like this guy on the team much at all. Arte deserves to be smaked for it thx Arte good job.

I am pretty sure that Dipoto and Sosh are not on the same page at all, however, I always struggle with articles that use quotation marks for unnamed sources.

Another part in the article says something like 'one person says that another person in the front office says......'

It's like fourth person information and none of the people are even named.

I am pretty sure that Dipoto and Sosh are not on the same page at all, however, I always struggle with articles that use quotation marks for unnamed sources.

Another part in the article says something like 'one person says that another person in the front office says......'

It's like fourth person information and none of the people are even named.

What difference does it make if it's words inside quotation marks? 

Unnamed sources are unnamed sources. 

Dare I say that I agree with Austin. The Angels are a train wreck so journalists are finding ways to throw gas on the fire. This happened in 2012 and now it's coming out. I find the timing a bit suspect. Last year, along with this season, has been filled with frustration. I bet there were more flare ups in the clubhouse besides this one. But nobody would care if Macier tried to throw a punch at Iannetta. 

I was into the article until Miller pulled the "reign of terror" comment.

Crappy writing and a clearly biased author.

Kind of my take, too. I'm sure the incident happened, but the slant on the article is pretty obvious. Calling out the polo shirts is the new 'los angeles of anaheim of orange county' jab I guess.

Even more to the point, whatever friction pujols and torii may or may not have had is pretty mute at this point I would think....

All from unnamed sources - must be legit

Those that don't like Albert - confirmation

Those that do like Albert - Lies

Nobody knows what happened except those in the clubhouse who are not on the record as quoted but, hey, don't let that stop you from "knowing" the "truth".

If only we had  a clubhouse/owner/manager like the 29 other teams who are not like this...ever

Miller has been a widely respected baseball writer and reporter for more than two decades. He wouldn't make facts up. They are well sourced.

I'm sure he is. That said, and I fully believe the incident did happen, but it in itself isn't the problem with the team right now.

We've made some horrible front office decisions, obviously. But we don't suck because of team chemistry. We suck because we have zero pitching aside from weaver/wilson, we've been riddled with injuries, hamilton fell off a cliff, and on any given night were starting 4-5 rookies/replacement level players.

There's plenty of winning teams out there with guys who don't like each other. And pujols, who I believe probably is a prick, was a 'fine teammate' in st louis.

Weaver is emotional, and we've all seen him blow up before. That said, he does his own job, and no one really has an issue with it when the team is winning with him (2007-10).

I would think the writer would maybe call out some of hisheadbutting with the guys over torii, who is gone now.

But like I said, I think the article is probably accurate, I just think its biassed.