• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What Mike Trout’s Injury Means for the Angels

MLBN_Hakim

It's ranked 47th in the North.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/salisbury-university-2091

That is not a TOP school.

And here's the point.  Nobody gives a sh*t about your bragging about the 47th ranked school in the North on FB.

When the kid gets into Harvard, let me know.

And this is from a dad who is taking two kids to the dorms of Long Beach State tomorrow.

Someone's bitter!

Aside from the scathing criticism that has undoubtedly shattered this kid's self confidence by now, I'm surprised nobody has noticed that her author page is tagged with "free sex chat" and "cheap sex chat."   A fine backup plan, as the camgirl world tends to be more forgiving of grammatical errors and babelfish-like prose.  

I checked out some other choice offerings by MLB Nation.

There was this bit of awesomeness on the Diamondbacks story:

http://www.themlbnation.com/2013/08/23/dbacks-playoffs/

With the Diamondbacks dropping 3 of 4 games in their most recent series with the Reds, it is beginning to seem like even a miracle can’t launch the Diamondbacks into the playoffs.

A couple of paragraphs later:

Despite the great teams they are up against and the big problems on their team, the Diamondbacks still have a chance. Cool Standings still gives the Diamondbacks 12% chance of making the playoffs and baseball is no stranger to unbelievable late season winning streaks. Hernandez, Putz, and Bell  have all been dominant relief pitchers before, so a turn around isn’t out of the question.

To be fair, that kid is a sophomore in high school.

Aside from the scathing criticism that has undoubtedly shattered this kid's self confidence by now, I'm surprised nobody has noticed that her author page is tagged with "free sex chat" and "cheap sex chat."   A fine backup plan, as the camgirl world tends to be more forgiving of grammatical errors and babelfish-like prose.

Hmmmm, I thought those ads where dependent on your search history.

I am still thinking about this guy I went to high school and his AMAZING son matriculating to Salisbury University (aka the Harvard of the Eastern Shore).

Have you ever read on FB a parent who says his/her kid is average?  F no, it is always AMAZING and AWESOME.  Apparently, the United States is Lake Wobegon, where every kid is above average.

Parents should think their own kids are amazing.  Why wouldn't we?

There is a difference between your perspective as a parent and what the real world sees.  It's up to parents to give kids both.

Who in the blue f*ck would say their child is "average"?

I got news for you - most kids are average.  If the kid is getting into Johns Hopkins, or UC Berkeley Engineering (not Chicano studies) - I want to hear about it.  Awesome.

But quit bragging about your average kid on FB.  It is unbecoming.

So parents should only be proud of their child's accomplishments if they accomplish something that you think is worthy of hearing about on a social media website?

Parents can always be proud of their kids.  My wife and I have shared a million great moments reflecting accomplishments, great and small, of our kids.

The crap I see on FB, though?  Sheesh.  Embarrassing.

I bet the parents of the author of this MLB Nation blog entry posted all kinds of stuff about how AWESOME the writing is of their completely average daughter (average is being kind).

I think parents have the right to be proud of their kids getting into any college. Mentioning it on FB is okay. Over the top bragging is a bit ridiculous. It's kind of like the people that brag about their perfect relationships when everyone knows they argue all of the time and burn the f'ing meatloaf.