• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What Mike Trout’s Injury Means for the Angels

MLBN_Hakim

The entire blog reminds me of articles from my high school newspaper. But the blog seems to be getting some buzz on Facebook. Its Facebook page has over 3,000 likes.

Similar to how Youtube made everyone think they could be a moviemaker, this blog makes any sports fan think he can be a journalist.

According to the article, the author's name is Jessica.

It wasn't the best article ever written, but the kid gave it a go and then had the balls and or ovaries to post it in here for us to read.

My bet is the author had a word limit and was trying to write in a loose conversational style. It takes time to learn to write and this person is giving it a go. Good in ya for that.

Not trying to dominate this thread, but I wanted to say this happens a lot with everybody.

Ideas are almost always there for people who care enough about something to write about it. It's the art of writing that gets in the way of the ideas coming through fully. It takes a lot of practice for prose to become lucid and vivid at the same time. I'll bet the OP gets better and better if he continues.

It's kind of like somebody who has an amazing picture in their mind, but don't have the techniques to paint it.

Anyhoo, I'm really high on pain killers for my shoulder, so that's where this is coming from. Cuckoo cuckoo.

Yeah, something like that.

Not trying to dominate this thread, but I wanted to say this happens a lot with everybody.  

Ideas are almost always there for people who care enough about something to write about it.  It's the art of writing that gets in the way of the ideas coming through fully.  It takes a lot of practice for prose to become lucid and vivid at the same time.  I'll bet the OP gets better and better if he continues.  

It's kind of like somebody who has an amazing picture in their mind, but don't have the techniques to paint it.  

Anyhoo, I'm really high on pain killers for my shoulder, so that's where this is coming from.  Cuckoo cuckoo.  

You should take pain killers more often. :P

According to the article, the author's name is Jessica.

It wasn't the best article ever written, but the kid gave it a go and then had the balls and or ovaries to post it in here for us to read.

My bet is the author had a word limit and was trying to write in a loose conversational style. It takes time to learn to write and this person is giving it a go. Good in ya for that.

Sorry, but F this sentiment.  The writing is horrible.  The author appears to be an adult.  An adult should not be posting horribly mangled and misspelled writing ANYWHERE on the internet. The Trout story, and everything else I saw in MLB Nation, is junk that should have been sent back with huge red marks by a 7th grade english teacher.  It is terrible.

The problem is people look at that barf impostering as writing, and then say, "Good job, thanks for posting."  It gives the Jessicas of the world a sense that they are good writers, when in fact, they are not good.

Let me give another example:  Yesterday, on FB, some guy with whom I went to high school posted that his AMAZING son was going off to a college named Salisbury University.  (it is in Maryland)  And gave some bs that "The University of Salisbury was selected by The Princeton Review as one of the finest universities in the country!"

BS.  I am sure that his son is very nice, and the guy will miss his son while the kid is away at school.  But don't blow smoke up my ass and tell me The University of Salisbury is one of the best colleges in the country.  It isn't.  Think Cal State Fullerton.

Everytime someone farts on the internet, there are three people to tell him or her that it sounds like Beethoven.  Can we cut the crap and stop handing out trophies for everything?

Sorry, but F this sentiment.  The writing is horrible.  The author appears to be an adult.  An adult should not be posting horribly mangled and misspelled writing ANYWHERE on the internet. The Trout story, and everything else I saw in MLB Nation, is junk that should have been sent back with huge red marks by a 7th grade english teacher.  It is terrible.

The problem is people look at that barf impostering as writing, and then say, "Good job, thanks for posting."  It gives the Jessicas of the world a sense that they are good writers, when in fact, they are not good.

Let me give another example:  Yesterday, on FB, some guy with whom I went to high school posted that his AMAZING son was going off to a college named Salisbury University.  (it is in Maryland)  And gave some bs that "The University of Salisbury was selected by The Princeton Review as one of the finest universities in the country!"

BS.  I am sure that his son is very nice, and the guy will miss his son while the kid is away at school.  But don't blow smoke up my ass and tell me The University of Salisbury is one of the best colleges in the country.  It isn't.  Think Cal State Fullerton.

Everytime someone farts on the internet, there are three people to tell him or her that it sounds like Beethoven.  Can we cut the crap and stop handing out trophies for everything?

You my friend are making yourself sound like an idiot. Salisbury University is a tremendous school and the Princeton review did name it one of the best schools in America. You will never see a cal state school listed as one of the best, except for Cal Poly SLO and occasionally Cal Poly Pomona.

You my friend are making yourself sound like an idiot. Salisbury University is a tremendous school and the Princeton review did name it one of the best schools in America. You will never see a cal state school listed as one of the best, except for Cal Poly SLO and occasionally Cal Poly Pomona.

My best friend from high school went there.  He was not a special student.  I've been on the campus.  It's Cal State Fullerton on the Eastern Shore.(bad sign if you've changed your school's name five times)

Maryland State Normal School

Maryland State Teachers College

Salisbury State College

Salisbury State University

Salisbury University

Here is the Princeton review I found regarding Salisbury University

The 10 Schools Where Students Study The Least: Princeton Review List

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/14/the-10-schools-that-study_n_1092172.html#s471164&title=Salisbury_University

Maybe that was a long time ago, and you are referring to the huffington post, really?

the average GPA score is 3.7 and the average SAT scores are 620 math, 620 reading, and 600 writing.

You compared it to Fullerton which is the following

Average GPA 3.3, average SAT scores are 570 math, 550 reading and 550 writing

Seems a lot better than Fullerton to me.

I only know this because I have had former students I coached go on to play tennis there. It is not Harvard, but it is a very good school. Much better than CSU fullerton.

I wouldn't be so fast to criticize the Cal State system happy. The reason you don't see them listed in the best schools is because of the nature of their funding. Cal State Long Beach's Business and Engineering departments are quite good and I'd rank the Aerospace Engineering department as one of the best in the state (they have done groundbreaking work in NanoSat Launch Vehicles, aerospike engines, special composite fuel tanks, etc.). There are shades of gray everywhere. Cal Poly SLO also has a great engineering program (they invented the CubeSat P-POD's among other things).

Money talks in those rankings too.

I included SLO because that is the top Cal State. I agree money talks and the Cal State system is good. Ill take your word on Long Beach's Business and Engineering department, its the overall of the college though. CSU Long Beach does have higher SAT and GPA scores than Fullerton. I was mainly just talking to YK because he said Salisbury is not a top school.

It's ranked 47th in the North.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/salisbury-university-2091

That is not a TOP school.

And here's the point.  Nobody gives a sh*t about your bragging about the 47th ranked school in the North on FB.

When the kid gets into Harvard, let me know.

And this is from a dad who is taking two kids to the dorms of Long Beach State tomorrow.

What on earth is MLB Nation?

edit: I went to another story on this site.

These are the first two sentences I read:

The problems of Johnson have caused the orioles some troubles. From blown saves to losing games Jim Johnson has been consisten but not in a good way.

I am guessing this site is run by terrorists, and they are planning to take down America, one grammatically challenged sentence at a time.

Sounds like it was written by Jose Mota.

I wouldn't be so fast to criticize the Cal State system happy. The reason you don't see them listed in the best schools is because of the nature of their funding. Cal State Long Beach's Business and Engineering departments are quite good and I'd rank the Aerospace Engineering department as one of the best in the state (they have done groundbreaking work in NanoSat Launch Vehicles, aerospike engines, special composite fuel tanks, etc.). There are shades of gray everywhere. Cal Poly SLO also has a great engineering program (they invented the CubeSat P-POD's among other things).

Money talks in those rankings too.

My school, LB St., is now acknowledged by many as being the 3rd best school in the CSU system, after the two Cal Polys.