• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

admit it, you're ever so slightly concerned

"We're talking about practice man"

"We're talking about practice"

"We're talking about practice"

"We're not talking about the game. We're talking about practice"

"Hey I hear you, it's funny to me too, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about practice man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about practice."

;)

1-8-2, with consistently awful pitching.

Granted, the pitchers from the projected 25-man roster haven't thrown much in games yet, but still . . . 3 straight years missing the playoffs, an awful start to last year, now a somewhat suspicious start to the spring . . .

I know ST games don't mean anything, but you don't want to see the team get used to losing, no matter what the situation is.  At the very least, our minor league depth appears as bad or worse than feared, and there has to be some slight concern over what the next few years could look like. 

Nope. I'm not concerned at all.

It's tough to find sleepers when Butcher is your pitching coach. The A's are able to find gems because their pitching coach is actually good.

Or maybe the A's are able to find sleepers is because last year was the first time in what?  eight that they made the playoffs and that they had good draft picks.  Plus, if they are not in first place by all star break they trade all their good players for more prospects.  Over time, all those prospects will turn into decent players.

...and you'll have to excuse me for not getting slightly concerned when not a single one of our projected everyday position players has more than 15 ABs and none of our projected starters has more than 2 IP.

Now we may go on to have a rough year as anything is possible, but to be remotely concerned at this point based on what has happened is merely letting the ghosts of the past get inside your head. That's silly. Use your heads.

...and you'll have to excuse me for not getting slightly concerned when not a single one of our projected everyday position players has more than 15 ABs and none of our projected starters has more than 2 IP.

Now we may go on to have a rough year as anything is possible, but to be remotely concerned at this point based on what has happened is merely letting the ghosts of the past get inside your head. That's silly. Use your heads.

One injury to a starting pitcher and this team is in serious trouble. That's bad.

I take it all back, guys. I'm really concerned given the stats thus far, but there are some silver linings.

Although it's fairly clear that we're going to struggle to win more than sixty games over the course of the season, it's pretty clear that Jason Vargas will win the Cy Young and Matt Young will take the batting title, smashing the all time high regular season BA mark.

Don't get down, guys. Those two players are sure to put some smiles on our faces.

I'm not worried at all about our current spring record.  The guys that matter have been ok.  Williams concerns me a bit as does the overall quality of the pen but not because of spring.  I was hoping that a couple guys of Cordero, Maronde, Cabrera, Kobayashi, Braiser, Carpenter, Buckner, or Sisk could catch lighting in a bottle and emerge as a couple serviceable guys and nothing is set in stone as of yet, but it appears they are all what we thought they were.  

My new sleeper is Mike Piazza.  

What IS the word on Cordero. Last I heard he was moved up to the Major League camp

THe only thing I am concerned about at this point is the weather forcast for the weekend of the 15th.

Blarg, the weather the thursday before is "slated" for clouds but 84 - I will be happy to be the "Weather Corrospondant" for the Tempe & surrounding areas. I only have a 10 day window AND forecasting AZ weather is pretty tricky outside of April to September when...it's just freakin HOT

On this topic - the only time anything MATTERS in ST is when a player is DOMINATING (insert Trout) or when we do something awesome (insert Beat the Dodgers). All of the not so great stuff happens, it doesn't matter AT ALL....because it's just spring!! Grab a beer enjoy baseball being back and take down the scoreboard for all I care.

• 1 month later...