• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Halos need to be buyers at the deadline for SP but who?

How?  Teams want something in return.  

While these wins were nice, we are still sub .500.  If offers come in for some of our players, we may be sellers not buyers.  Good thing about this run, is that some of our players that didn't have value before, may have some value.  

No more trades. Try to win with this current team. I'd rather they fall short with this team than trade for a rental and still fall short.

Yes, they need pitching, but they also need a farm system.

Agree. Let's play it out

There is 0 chance we should be buyers this season.  Last year I was okay with being buyers at the deadline and with the Greinke deal.  However, in hindsight it would've obviously been better to either have been sellers and have traded Aybar and have Segura take over SS or to stand pat and have Segura take over 3B.  I have learned from the mistakes of last year, (and a few years before with the Dan Haren trade when we really weren't in the race) and hopefully the Angels front office has as well.  Just imagine where this team would be with Segura, Corbin, and Skaggs right now?  

I think I agree with most folks here, acquiring SP at the deadline this year just doesn't make sense.  The Angels are playing great, but they dug too deep of a hole to be making such short-term decisions like buying at the deadline.  Right now, the biggest thing for them is to just get healthy and hot.  

Hamilton finally looks like his old self.  Pujols is ever so slightly beginning to heat up.  If those two get hot and stay hot the Angels will have an amazing offense.  Defensively, Bourjos getting healthy again puts Trout back in LF and effectively removes J.B. Shuck from hurting hte Angels anymore with his defense.  

Finally, they'll need Vargas healthy and back in the form he was at.  With Weaver pitching to his abilities and C.J. doing well, the Angels may have just enough pitching to make it if Vargas is looking good.  But they'll also need to make the right decisions when it comes to this pitching staff.  Coming to the realization that there really isn't a difference between Williams, Blanton and Hanson is half the battle.  I don't care who they deploy, just as long as they have an extremely short leash.  I still think Richards is better than them all and hasn't been given a fair shot in the rotation, but mostly I think the Angels finally have a bullpen capable of giving them 5 shutout innings when our 4th & 5th starters lay an egg, which is every other outing. 

So get healthy and make the smart choices.  That's the best path. 

There is 0 chance we should be buyers this season.  Last year I was okay with being buyers at the deadline and with the Greinke deal.  However, in hindsight it would've obviously been better to either have been sellers and have traded Aybar and have Segura take over SS or to stand pat and have Segura take over 3B.  I have learned from the mistakes of last year, (and a few years before with the Dan Haren trade when we really weren't in the race) and hopefully the Angels front office has as well.  Just imagine where this team would be with Segura, Corbin, and Skaggs right now?

Make zero moves since 2010 and this is the team you have today:

Bourjos

Segura (3B)

Trout

Trumbo

Morales

Napoli (1B)

Kendrick

Aybar

Conger 

Weaver

Corbin

Chatwood

Skaggs

Hellweg

I think they need to convert their outfield depth to some more pitching.  Trading one of Trumbo or Bourjos will not cripple this team, but either of those might bring in significant pitching depth to this org.

And I would also roll the dice on cuban Alfredo Gonzalez in the FA market.  He's 26 and if he's a quick study he might be a late season call up for our bullpen in a pinch.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We need to win or lose with what we have.  We have given up too many players with the concept of "we need to be buyers".  We have nothing on the farm that will bring us a valuable player and I any trade of of someone on our major league roster will hurt the team in other areas.  We need to sink or swim with our current roster!