• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Halos need to be buyers at the deadline for SP but who?

Maybe?

We already have one TJ surgery closer in waiting (Madson).   Do we really need two (The Beard)?

Just get Bourjos, Vargas, Coello, and either Madson or Burnett back during the next 2-4 weeks, and see what happens.  

No trades!

We already traded for a rental in July 2012, and look where that got them.

We already have one TJ surgery closer in waiting (Madson).   Do we really need two (The Beard)?

Just get Bourjos, Vargas, Coello, and either Madson or Burnett back during the next 2-4 weeks, and see what happens.  

No trades!

We already traded for a rental in July 2012, and look where that got them.

But the difference is that he seems like he can throw. Maybe sign him to a heavily-incentive deal like Madson's? It would only cost us payroll, not anything from our worn down farm system. It doesn't seem like Madson will be throwing for us this year.

I love him, but I could be on board for Bourjos/Richards etc. for Cliff Lee. If push comes to shove, that is probably the only pitcher I'd even attempt to go after. Just say no to Garza. I'd rather have Vargas/Hanson when healthy over him.

No they wont. They wont take the contract and they also want a top prospect or 2. otherwise they will keep him...

That's why I used the word inquire. I'm sure neither of us are in boardroom discussions and I'm merely speculating from talk radio and perusing the web.

Lee is 35 soon, I'd rather not acquire him.

Garza has had good and bad seasons, too inconsistent and the farm needs to be allowed to rebuild.  

Garza is only inconsistent if you look at his W-L.  Never had an ERA above 4 (except his rookie year) and his WHIP has averaged 1.28.  Not bad, if you get him on the cheap (which I think we wouldn't be able to do because too many teams want pitching).

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/garzama01.shtml

Garza was durable from 2008-2011 (only a handful of missed starts in that time).

But he's only pitched in 27 games over the past year and a half (missing half of 2012, missing almost the first 2 months in 2013).    

That is always a concern.

He can be vulnerable to the HR ball (except for the one season allowing just 14), although the ERA has never been bad in any year.   He also can be vulnerable to bouts of wildness.

No one is dumb enough to take on Lee's contract. Once his option vests (which it will), he will be owed $77.5 million over the next three years. On second thought, the Dodgers are probably dumb enough to take it.

Yeah, in my initial post I did leave out how absurd his contract is moving forward.