• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Major League Baseball Thread

I’m watching the Cards/Mets game right now and Sonny Gray is pitching.

He has pitched 21 innings so far this year.

He has allowed 1 ER in 21 innings, has 27 strikeouts and 1 walk so far this year.

Cards are getting their money’s worth so far this early part of the season.

On 4/26/2024 at 9:35 PM, m0nkey said:

They were down 2-1 against Baltimore in the 9th but pulled out a win.

They are now ahead of the Angels in the standings

They did it again against Baltimore, they were down 6-5 in the 9th but scored 2 against Kimbrel and won 7-6

Excerpts:

"Marsh had an idea Philadelphia would give him a purpose in the weeks after the 2022 World Series. He was a meaningful piece of something special.

With purpose, he found a routine that eluded him in Anaheim.

“Every day doesn’t feel different now,” Marsh said. “And that just comes with experience. I don’t have a lot of it, but I have a little bit. Just knowing that I’m supposed to be here. In the most humble way, knowing I’m supposed to be on the field with these guys. I’m not showing up to the field, like, ‘Oh, if I play bad, am I going to get benched for a week?’ That kind of thing. And I had that feeling in Anaheim a little bit.

“But God works in mysterious ways, man. I feel like this changed me as a player. As a person. My whole outlook on baseball and life coming over to Philly has been for the better.”

"Marsh has solidified his spot in the majors, even as a conversation the Angels had two years ago persists. They were not certain Marsh would hit lefty pitching. The Phillies traded a good prospect (Logan O’Hoppe) who has since become the Angels’ starting catcher because they viewed Marsh as a future everyday outfielder.

He’s not there yet.

“I’m showing up to the yard knowing what I’m going to get,” said Marsh, who is hitting .291/.333/.547 this season. “In Anaheim, it was a little different situation. We weren’t winning as much as we were here. Here, we have a plan. A process. We know who’s hitting. We know who’s going to play.”

The Phillies faced 11 lefty starters in their first 26 games. That ranked third-most in the majors. Marsh started four of those 11 games, a slight increase from a season ago. In 2023, Marsh started only 15 of the Phillies’ 51 games versus lefty starters.

They’ll face two Angels lefties as Marsh returns to Anaheim. He’ll probably play Tuesday against Tyler Anderson but not Wednesday against Patrick Sandoval.

“You pick the left-handed pitchers that you think they’ll have the most success against,” Phillies manager Rob Thomson said last week. He added: “There’s nothing wrong with giving a guy a couple of days off.”

The Angels version of Marsh might have let doubt creep into his mind. But he knows where he stands with the Phillies. “He’s just this really good athlete,” Bohm said, “who wanted to get better every day.” The Phillies expect to play him more against lefties this summer."

54 minutes ago, mmc said:

How does a MLB player with that much service time get sent down?  How is that even possible?  I'm guessing he went voluntarily?  Strange.

10 minutes ago, T.G. said:

How does a MLB player with that much service time get sent down?  How is that even possible?  I'm guessing he went voluntarily?  Strange.

The tweet says "both sides decided," so, yes, he went voluntarily.  After five years of MLB service time, a player has the right to refuse an option/assignment, so in this case, he obviously sees some value in doing it to help him get back on track.