• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Major League Baseball Thread

smzvx5hxrte86bfdr9j0.jpeg

Not to be confused with the Official Hot Stove Thread (and at the rate this offseason is going, there will still be FA signings happening after the season begins), post all things MLB related here. 

I, for one, could care less about the Minor tinkering that they did to the pitch clock, and am still upset that they won't get rid of the stupid phantom runner. 

• mmc pinned this topic
  • Chuck changed the title to The Official 2024 Major League Baseball Thread
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Blarg said:

You would think the Orioles would be worth more than the Angels. 

No you really wouldn’t and I don’t know if I’ve seen anyone else who does.  The Orioles were given a valuation of $1.7B in Forbes latest franchise ranking (pretty much nailed the sale price), the Angels are valued at $2.7B.  LA market is worth much more than Baltimore

This is something Rangers fans could be pissed about. It looks on the surface Seager was trying to rehab it but it sounds more like he wanted his break time and surgery could wait. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2024/01/30/texas-rangers-corey-seager-injury-hernia-surgery-recovery/?outputType=amp

Young said that the injury manifested itself toward the end of the Rangers’ season, and that there were hopes that it would subside with rest over the course of the offseason. The two options as Seager returned to baseball activity were, Young said, either to manage the injury and hope that it didn’t worsen or to proceed with an operation. He said that the decision to opt for surgery was Seager’s choice, in conjunction with Texas’ medical staff.

“He will miss the majority of spring training,” said Young, who added that his concern level is relatively low. “but the hope is that by the end of spring, he’ll have resumed baseball activity and will be pretty close to full speed at that point.”

On 1/31/2024 at 9:08 AM, Blarg said:

This is something Rangers fans could be pissed about. It looks on the surface Seager was trying to rehab it but it sounds more like he wanted his break time and surgery could wait. 

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2024/01/30/texas-rangers-corey-seager-injury-hernia-surgery-recovery/?outputType=amp

Young said that the injury manifested itself toward the end of the Rangers’ season, and that there were hopes that it would subside with rest over the course of the offseason. The two options as Seager returned to baseball activity were, Young said, either to manage the injury and hope that it didn’t worsen or to proceed with an operation. He said that the decision to opt for surgery was Seager’s choice, in conjunction with Texas’ medical staff.

“He will miss the majority of spring training,” said Young, who added that his concern level is relatively low. “but the hope is that by the end of spring, he’ll have resumed baseball activity and will be pretty close to full speed at that point.”

I think Rangers fans can live a few regular season games without Corey Seager, especially just a few months after this.

corey-seager.jpg

On 1/30/2024 at 3:13 PM, mmc said:

In the interest of full transparency, the company I work for was purchased by the Carlyle Group, therefore through the commutative property, I am now purchasing the Baltimore Orioles.

Can someone start a GoFundMe, I need about $1.5 billion dollars, thanks.

2 hours ago, ettin said:

In the interest of full transparency, the company I work for was purchased by the Carlyle Group, therefore through the commutative property, I am now purchasing the Baltimore Orioles.

Can someone start a GoFundMe, I need about $1.5 billion dollars, thanks.

You won't even raise enough to buy Oreos.

Just now, stormngt said:

I must be because Southern CA is the 2nd largest in the country.  Granted most are Dodger fans, but So Cal is the target audience.

Ok, so you understand media markets, but you clearly didn't understand why I asked why, then.  Ha ha.  Blarg said he was surprised the Orioles didn't sell for more.  I asked, "Why?"