• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Major League Baseball Thread

On 3/10/2024 at 10:30 PM, m0nkey said:

Dipoto

Kelenic is batting a robust .077 with an OPS of .240 this Spring. I'd call this one a wash.

Kelenic is a head case and a bust. 

Also I heard Aroldis was hitting 74 during Spring Training but I had no idea that's what they meant.

So are the games in Seoul with LAD vs. SD regular season games or ST games? I'm confused about what I'm reading in the media which are saying, "first regular season game in South Korea." But then the two teams return to ST?

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

So are the games in Seoul with LAD vs. SD regular season games or ST games? I'm confused about what I'm reading in the media which are saying, "first regular season game in South Korea." But then the two teams return to ST?

They are regular season. The scheduling is weird. 

4 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

Yamamoto's 95 mph fb and curve wasn't fooling anyone.  $325 million lol.  MLB hitters gonna rake on him.

It was his first ever ML game so we will se how he adjusts but it’s too early to jump to that conclusion. FWIW, I hope he and Ohtani are complete busts for the Dodgers and that their contracts hamper them for years. 

7 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

Yamamoto's 95 mph fb and curve wasn't fooling anyone.  $325 million lol.  MLB hitters gonna rake on him.

that's a lot of conclusion to jump to after just one inning. 

MLB.com broke all 30 teams into 9 different tiers based on how they'll contend this season. The Angels and Red Sox are in the 8th tier:

https://www.mlb.com/news/tiers-of-2024-mlb-contenders

"Tier 8: Direction unclear

• Angels
  • Red Sox

For most teams, even if they’re not expected to be successful this year, you can at least see the direction things are headed. Maybe that’s “win the World Series,” or just “get back to .500,” or even “see what our young players are even if we lose a lot of games.” But every year, there’s a team or two where it’s not entirely clear what the present or future hold. This year, that’s Boston and Los Angeles, two veteran clubs that had somewhat indifferent offseasons and are projected to be under .500 again. They won’t be bad, necessarily, because there are too many good players and well-respected managers for that. We just might not have more answers in six months than we do now.

The Angels, famously, no longer employ Shohei Ohtani, and of course never made the playoffs even when they had him; their hopes rest mainly on the wealth of knowledge possessed by new manager Ron Washington, and the hopes of one more healthy peak-level Mike Trout season. Those are pretty appealing dreams to have, of course; it’s just been eight consecutive losing seasons and counting. Boston hired a new front office boss in Craig Breslow and should have a better defensive unit after last season’s poor group, but they’ve already lost new addition Lucas Giolito to season-ending elbow surgery, meaning the staff will look a lot like the 4.52 ERA group from last season."

38 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

MLB.com broke all 30 teams into 9 different tiers based on how they'll contend this season. The Angels and Red Sox are in the 8th tier:

https://www.mlb.com/news/tiers-of-2024-mlb-contenders

"Tier 8: Direction unclear

• Angels
  • Red Sox

For most teams, even if they’re not expected to be successful this year, you can at least see the direction things are headed. Maybe that’s “win the World Series,” or just “get back to .500,” or even “see what our young players are even if we lose a lot of games.” But every year, there’s a team or two where it’s not entirely clear what the present or future hold. This year, that’s Boston and Los Angeles, two veteran clubs that had somewhat indifferent offseasons and are projected to be under .500 again. They won’t be bad, necessarily, because there are too many good players and well-respected managers for that. We just might not have more answers in six months than we do now.

The Angels, famously, no longer employ Shohei Ohtani, and of course never made the playoffs even when they had him; their hopes rest mainly on the wealth of knowledge possessed by new manager Ron Washington, and the hopes of one more healthy peak-level Mike Trout season. Those are pretty appealing dreams to have, of course; it’s just been eight consecutive losing seasons and counting. Boston hired a new front office boss in Craig Breslow and should have a better defensive unit after last season’s poor group, but they’ve already lost new addition Lucas Giolito to season-ending elbow surgery, meaning the staff will look a lot like the 4.52 ERA group from last season."

I'd hate to see who's on the 9th tier.