• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The OFFICIAL "Glen Complains About The CHARGERS" THREAD

RallyMo

Colston hasn't just slowed down he can't create any separation and the last few years he seemed to always be dealing with leg injuries.  Aside from a veteran presence there's very little he could give the Rams.  If any team should take a flyer on him it would be a team like San Diego who has a veteran QB who can actually throw the ball.      

Confirmed, Woodhead with a torn ACL. Out for the year.

Addie with a broken collarbone; will have surgery and miss an extended period of time. Not that big off a loss, but a loss none the less. Serves him well though for always lowering his shoulder and always trying to make a massive hit. Sometimes you just gotta wrap up and tackle properly.

Dwight Lowery has indirectly called out the training staff for the massive amounts of injuries. He has questioned if they're doing something different in SD that is hindering the players in regards to maintaining their health. You gotta wonder if they are, too. The amount of injuries this team faces year in and year out is absurd. Granted all NFL teams face injuries...it just seems like every year the Chargers are losing players like mad. 

In the Chargers 3 losses, they had moments in the game where they were 99%, 81%, and 98% predictability locks to win the game. Fucking embarrassing.

Its time...I agree with Tomlinson, if we're going to keep McCoy around, its time to trade Rivers. This man deserves better than this shitty situation. Year and year, pathetic line after pathetic line, injury after injury...he's putting up numbers and putting us in a chance to win games only to be blown by absolutely pathetic coaching, play calling, and turnovers. 

There has to be a big market for a player of Rivers' caliber. Imagine a team like Los Angeles, NY Jets, Buffalo...hell, even Minnesota..with a QB like Rivers? All of these teams have great surrounding pieces, solid to elite defenses and mid level to good QB's. Los Angeles could trade for him and pair him up with that defense. He's given SD everything he's capable of, its time for the Chargers to do him a solid and let him have a shot at a championship on a team that is one piece away from being a contender. 

It is time for a full rebuild. We have a lot of good young pieces...its time to get a coach in there to grow with them. Rivers could net us draft picks vital to a quick rebuild. 

I agree and have mentioned trading Rivers.  But to whom would he be traded?  What team would want a vet QB that is ready to win now, or at least very soon?  Tennessee has two first rounders but they have Mariota.  Cleveland has two first rounders.  Maybe they would part with one of them but would Rivers buy into that?  Doubtful.  And neither of those situations is a win now (or soon) situation.  The Rams?  They'd have to give up future (as in post 2017) picks since they already traded next years #1 pick.

@HaloJustinBieber I could see the Rams trading for him if they had the salary room? Goff clearly isn't ready and he could learn a lot from Rivers for a couple of seasons. They've got the defense and skill positions down, they just need a real QB that can play consistently. 

I think the perfect situation would be the Jets; but I don't think they've got the cap room or assets to make that trade happen. They have a solid defense, two great WR's, a solid OL and run game.

We'll see what happens this offseason. In season trades are extremely rare and with how competitive Rivers is, I don't see him giving up on the Chargers in the middle of a season. This offseason could be very interesting though. We'll be projected for a top 5 pick I'm guessing and Rivers could net us some more picks. We could really speed up a rebuild if the Chargers' want to go down this route. Factor in the young core of Bosa, Jatavis Brown, Verrett, Allen, and Gordon...a rebuild could be expedited.

All I know is Rivers deserves a chance to win a ring and I hope the Chargers give him that by trading him to a team that is a QB away from being a legit contender. 

Man, if this game doesn't get McCoy fired, then nothing will.  Your team is 1-4, you have fourth and inches, and you go for a game-tying field goal.  You have absolutely nothing to lose.  

But yeah, still expected.