• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you think Arte feels?

He allegedly didn’t want to be “the man who traded Ohtani.” 

instead he’s the “man who lost Ohtani to free agency.” 

this replaces the Bavisi “two 8-7 pitchers” watershed moment in angels history. 

How do you think Arte’s feeling?

Edited by The Ghost of Bob Starr
Spelling

I don't give two shit's how Arte is feeling. This is just another nail in the proverbial coffin of the Angels franchise, because he didn't have the foresight to lock up Shohei Ohtani. To his credit he did lock up Mike Trout, but at what cost when he didn't have the balls to be a large market franchise and make large market moves to surround Trout (and Ohtani at the time) with the right supporting cast. He just contributed to some big fumbles over the last decade to make the "splash", rather than consistently smart baseball moves.

The day that he needs to sell the franchise hopefully comes sooner, not later. Like Scioscia, he has been at the helm too long, no matter what you think of him, good or bad.

You can either run an organization emotionally, with your heart, or strategically, with your head. Arte runs it with his heart, which is why no matter how much they spend or what they do, the Angels just can't seem to get it right. 

If he was running it with his head, he would have dealt Shohei at the 2022 trade deadline, a year and a half ago for a package similar to what the Nationals got for Juan Soto. Would it have been a blow? Absolutely. But when you lose him for nothing to your crosstown rival, that's an even bigger one. 

I'll always respect Arte for loving this game, the team and the players. But I'll always understand that the Angels will continue to lose until they start conducting themselves differently, with the head. 

Edited by Second Base

And to be clear we could have locked Ohtani up a couple of years ago and probably at about 50% less than what he just signed. Of course Ohtani would have to be agreeable to sign it, but this could have played out a lot differently, years ago, if Arte had the balls.

20 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Like he saved $700M. 
I just feel for Trouty. Angels have now confirmed a step back. Not sure what their plans are going forward, but it's going to be rough.

Be patient. 5-10 years from now we'll grab that third wild card and everyone will be happy again. Guaranteed.

33 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Like he saved $700M. 
I just feel for Trouty. Angels have now confirmed a step back. Not sure what their plans are going forward, but it's going to be rough.

Don't feel bad for Trout. He made his choice.