• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you think Arte feels?

It sucks losing Otani like this but at the same time I’m glad the Halos didn’t saddle the organization with that crazy contract. Clearly it’s easy to say they should have traded him last year. 

Now it’s time to move on. I would love to see them go after Yamamoto, Hicks and Solar. I think something like that would be a realistic possibility. 

Fingers crossed 🤞 

I hate to post from hindsight, because none of us really know anything. But you almost have to look back at 2022 and think they should have made a take it or leave it offer, realizing there was nothing they could realistically do to drastically improve the org as a whole in one season, and if Ohtani wasn't committing, you couldn't risk how it all ended up.

Again, that's with hindsight.

But I quietly expected that Moreno deciding to stay had something to do with a gentleman's agreement with Ohtani and we would end up keeping him.

47 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

But I quietly expected that Moreno deciding to stay had something to do with a gentleman's agreement with Ohtani and we would end up keeping him.

A gentleman's agreement?  As opposed to an actual agreement, which is how things actually work.  Arte is not very bright, but he's bright enough to know that a "gentleman's agreement" is worthless, and if he gambled the fate of the franchise on that, he's even dumber than I thought he was.

I'm just sorry that despite how sad this team is going to be, it's value will likely go up, just because it's still a MLB franchise, and so at some time in the future, Arte is going to make a bundle of money selling it.  Money he doesn't deserve given how he's run the Angels into the ground.

On 12/9/2023 at 7:34 PM, ScottT said:

I hope he feels like he can't compete and puts the team up for sale

I think he's a bit pissed, a bit sad.  Like many of us.  

Arte's only pissed because he lost his cash cow and the franchise is worth less, now that Shohei and the revenue streams he brought in are now gone.  Arte is still the penny pinching blow hard he's always been.  Now that Shohei is gone, the Angels should start a complete rebuild, but Arte won't allow it to happen and the money he would've given to Shohei, a fraction of that should be spent on improving the infrastructure of the team, but Arte won't.