• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How do you think Arte feels?

i dont really care.. he failed us.  He came in all talk of taking over LA and in the end put business over results and fucked us out of a once in a lifetime player.
That having been said im glad we didnt do 70M AAV, but IMO it never should have come to that.  He should have been extended or traded a year ago and been done with it.
This embarrasses me as a lifetime fan of this franchise so youll forgive me if i dont care how Arte feels. 

Arte is simply the worst owner in the history of professional sport. His incompetence is unparalleled. The GOAT of incompetence.

Imagine how good this team would be in 2-3 years if we traded Ohtani in the summer of 2022.

Instead we get nothing and get to watch Ohtani join the Hall of Fame as a Dodger.

message to Arte. Get lost. Sell the team. You are disgusting.

Arte likely is “Too blessed to be Stressed!”

1 minute ago, daygloman said:

He had no PROBLEM signing ol' #643 for that incredible amount of cash he signed him for. 

Either way, we "as fans" got hosed!

There’s a huge difference between signing Albert for a big contract that had been given out before and giving someone $280 million more than the next closest contract, when that player is coming off a 2nd TJ surgery.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

There’s a huge difference between signing Albert for a big contract that had been given out before and giving someone $280 million more than the next closest contract, when that player is coming off a 2nd TJ surgery.  

Huge difference?

We'll be paying that contract off for years to come.

Today's news, isn't good news.

1 minute ago, nando714 said:

What casual fan is going to watch this dumpster fire 

trout is a has been and then what? Rendon? Lol

we’re a laughing stock today and for the foreseeable future. 

im one to never change teams so ill unfortunately be here for the 84-90 loss season 

I am using your numbers, and there is zero chance they lose 60% of their attendance or 60% of their revenue.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No, we will see over the course of the contract.  This coming season they are paying a DH $70 million.  

LOL! That DH produces, & doesn't hit into routine double plays, getting thrown out by 45 feet in the process.

Look man, I dig you're glad they didn't resign him, "me"..... I'm bummed.

29 minutes ago, floplag said:

i dont really care.. he failed us.  He came in all talk of taking over LA and in the end put business over results and fucked us out of a once in a lifetime player.
That having been said im glad we didnt do 70M AAV, but IMO it never should have come to that.  He should have been extended or traded a year ago and been done with it.
This embarrasses me as a lifetime fan of this franchise so youll forgive me if i dont care how Arte feels. 

But we got a really cool Pujols billboard.

24 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Let this sink in.

Only 12 years later, Ohtani’s total contract will be nearly THREE times that of Pujols.

8 minutes ago, daygloman said:

LOL! That DH produces, & doesn't hit into routine double plays, getting thrown out by 45 feet in the process.

Look man, I dig you're glad they didn't resign him, "me"..... I'm bummed.

Oh I’m bummed, but I am not going to ignore the fact that he is getting paid $70 million a year.  I am also not going to play revisionist history, which you are choosing to do with Albert. 

I’ll put this in free agent baseball terms for you.  Ohtani will have to average an 8-10 WAR season to make this deal make baseball sense.  If he isn’t pitching, which he won’t in year one, then there is no chance he will get 8-10 WAR.  Oh and since the track record of guy coming back from a 2nd TJ surgery is poor at best, then I would go back to my first post responding to you, there is much more risk at the time the contract was signed than there was with Albert’s signing.

6 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let this sink in.

Only 12 years later, Ohtani’s total contract will be nearly THREE times that of Pujols.

I 100% hope Ohtani continues his amazing career and I hope it leads to many personal accolades.  I hope at the same time, it is similar to his time here, where those accolades don’t lead to team success.  That being said, there is no way he can possibly live up to $700 million.