• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let’s get the #1 draft pick!

howie

I wouldn’t have thought it was possible, but if this team keeps up the way they’re going, we’ll have a decent chance at getting the #1 pick in next year’s draft!  By good chance- I’m talking 10% or higher!

But seriously- maybe there’s a Ken Griffey Jr. in this draft!  Or even better- maybe the next Phil Nevin!  The good part there is is that Phil can mentor him about being a failed prospect here and then advise him that all he needs is a change of scenery to succeed in life.  

it’s an exciting time to be an Angels fan- keep losing for that pick!

30 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Didn't they do a random shuffle with the top 8 picks?

Yes, at 8 the Angels have less chance at winning the #1 pick as they had winning a wildcard spot after the trade deadline. And a much greater chance of moving down than up.

44 minutes ago, howie said:

I wouldn’t have thought it was possible, but if this team keeps up the way they’re going, we’ll have a decent chance at getting the #1 pick in next year’s draft!  By good chance- I’m talking 10% or higher!

But seriously- maybe there’s a Ken Griffey Jr. in this draft!  Or even better- maybe the next Phil Nevin!  The good part there is is that Phil can mentor him about being a failed prospect here and then advise him that all he needs is a change of scenery to succeed in life.  

it’s an exciting time to be an Angels fan- keep losing for that pick!

Probably not this year - but maybe next year....

35 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Yep, there's a lottery now.  Top six are set via the ping pong balls.  All non-playoff teams can move into the top 6, but it drops off fast.

https://www.tankathon.com/mlb/pick_odds

2023-09-06-lottery.jpg

Tankathon means something completely different in my home.

carry on.

10 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

I hope so, otherwise he's gonna have to switch to basketball.

This is last year.  Already as tall as dad, taller than the older brother.

holliday-family-001.jpg?w=832

Jeez la weez, what are they putting in the water these days?

Is it just me or are kids so much taller than they used to be at these ages?