• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select Nolan Schanuel, reinstate Logan O'Hoppe, place CJ Cron on 10-day IL, DFA Chad Wallach, move Rendon to 60-day IL

Chuck

No idea if this kid is the answer but there is no question (in my mind) that 1B is likely the biggest key to future success with or without and particularly without Ohtani.  If Ohtani bolts and they free up DH then it means less games where if Trout or Rendon needs to get off their legs they have to lose their bats too -- if he stays then they need a 1B that can be a plus offensive threat and not someone providing MI performance at a corner spot.

25 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Is this a record for a drafted player?

No.  Bob Horner was in the majors like a week after getting drafted and skipped the minors.  John Olerud skipped the minors, too, though he debuted in September of the year he was drafted.  Former Angels exec Eddie Bane debuted in July of '73 after being drafted in June.  David Clyde, who was the first overall pick in '73, went straight to the majors out of high school.

There have been a handful of others, too, if I'm not mistaken.  Those are just from the top of my head.

34 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

No idea if this kid is the answer but there is no question (in my mind) that 1B is likely the biggest key to future success with or without and particularly without Ohtani.  If Ohtani bolts and they free up DH then it means less games where if Trout or Rendon needs to get off their legs they have to lose their bats too -- if he stays then they need a 1B that can be a plus offensive threat and not someone providing MI performance at a corner spot.

Yep!  I'm very curious to see how he hits.  Obviously, his BB/K rate is elite, and he had plenty of power in college.  So far in limited ABs in the minors, the power hasn't emerged--but as I said in my earlier post, I have zero problem with starting his clock and just seeing what he can do.  The Angels really need to know ASAP if they can plan on him being an answer at 1B next year.

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

No.  Bob Horner was in the majors like a week after getting drafted and skipped the minors.  John Olerud skipped the minors, too, though he debuted in September of the year he was drafted.  Former Angels exec Eddie Bane debuted in July of '73 after being drafted in June.  David Clyde, who was the first overall pick in '73, went straight to the majors out of high school.

There have been a handful of others, too, if I'm not mistaken.  Those are just from the top of my head.

Jim Abbott!

6 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Angels lineup once Trout, Neto & O'Hoppe return to finish the 2023 campaign strong, playoffs or not...

LF Rengifo (.322/.379/.552 hitting leadoff)

DH Ohtani

CF Trout

1B Schanuel

2B Drury

3B Moustakas

C O'Hoppe

RF Moniak/Renfroe/Grichuk

SS Neto

LF Rengifo (26)

DH Ohtani (29)

CF Trout (32)

1B Schanuel (21)

2B Drury (30)

3B Moustakas (34), Rendon (33)

C O'Hoppe (23)

RF Moniak (25), Adell (24)

SS Neto (22)

SP Ohtani (29)

SP Sandoval (26)

SP Detmers (24)

SP Canning (27)

SP Silseth (23)

RP Bachman (23)

RP Joyce (22)

And people think they should tear it down and “rebuild”?

How about keeping the gang together and sign Ohtani AND another impact player and watch this group for a few years?