• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select Nolan Schanuel, reinstate Logan O'Hoppe, place CJ Cron on 10-day IL, DFA Chad Wallach, move Rendon to 60-day IL

Chuck

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

LF Rengifo (26)

DH Ohtani (29)

CF Trout (32)

1B Schanuel (21)

2B Drury (30)

3B Moustakas (34), Rendon (33)

C O'Hoppe (23)

RF Moniak (25), Adell (24)

SS Neto (22)

SP Ohtani (29)

SP Sandoval (26)

SP Detmers (24)

SP Canning (27)

SP Silseth (23)

RP Bachman (23)

RP Joyce (22)

And people think they should tear it down and “rebuild”?

How about keeping the gang together and sign Ohtani AND another impact player and watch this group for a few years?

Right.  Many are disappointed that they couldn't field a playoff team this year, but this team IS significantly better than it was just a year ago.  Perry is doing a fairly solid job, all things considered, in infusing youth that seems to be playing fairly well.  

IF they can re-sign Ohtani, which is obviously the great big unknown, there is a solid foundation here to make this into a contending team.  I appreciate Perry's style in free agency where he seeks value and aims for players in the Estevez/Drury/Anderson tier.  Not every signing will be successful, but I'd say Perry has had more hits than misses overall, and he seems to be fairly good at building a farm system.

Just now, Make Angels Great Again said:

This dude's zone awareness seems other worldly. Damn good contact skills too with some pop.

All of that showed up in AA immediately. I don't think he could do anything else to show he is ready for MLB.

I heard he has verified 20/10 vision.  He can literally see the germs in the Pamela Anderson video.

8 minutes ago, Tyler said:

As a leadoff hitter since he has no in-game power yet? How's his glove? 

He's got extra base power. I want a guy to drive in runs. The Angels are near the worst in the league in situational hitting and producing with RISP. I want someone who doesn't strike out, puts the balls in play or at the very least take a walk.

Taylor Blake Ward sits down with 2023 Angels first-round pick, Nolan Schanuel, to chat about his pro debut, first night in front of a large crowd, and how seeing an eye doctor before his junior season aided to not only his performance and draft stock, but also his confidence in carrying his hit tool to wood bats.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

I listed a few in an earlier post.  Do you mean Billy Wagner?  If so, he played a couple years in the minors after being drafted.

Oh yeah, I mean't Billy Wagner. Gah... I thought he went right to the big leagues. I'm thinking of another reliever, i think for the Reds. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Oh yeah, I mean't Billy Wagner. Gah... I thought he went right to the big leagues. I'm thinking of another reliever, i think for the Reds. 

Found a complete list as of 2020.  Maybe you were thinking of Mike Leake?

https://www.mlb.com/news/players-who-went-directly-from-the-draft-to-mlb

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Jim Abbott and Bobby Wagner right? 

Don't know who Bobby Wagner is -- but guys I remember beyond the ones mentioned are Darren Dreiffort, Dave Winfield, Killebrew, Ott, Kaline, Koufax, Mike Leake, X Nady.

I think Chan Ho Park went straight from college in Korea to the Dodgers too.   There are a ton of other guys.

13 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He's got extra base power. I want a guy to drive in runs. The Angels are near the worst in the league in situational hitting and producing with RISP. I want someone who doesn't strike out, puts the balls in play or at the very least take a walk.

He can drive in the bottom of the lineup while he sees the best pitches of his life in front of Shohei.

Rengifo is super streaky and his hot stretch is finished. (3 for his last 21)

SCHANUEL LEADOFF PLEASE!

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Don't know who Bobby Wagner is -- but guys I remember beyond the ones mentioned are Darren Dreiffort, Dave Winfield, Killebrew, Ott, Kaline, Koufax, Mike Leake, X Nady.

I think Chan Ho Park went straight from college in Korea to the Dodgers too.   There are a ton of other guys.

I mean't Billy Wagner, but I was wrong there.