• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Dominic Leone for Jeremiah Jackson (move Bachman to 60 day IL)

mmc

46 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

Perry has been throwing shit against the wall for about a month now hoping that some of it sticks.  

The farm is essentially a hot mess with a few good guys left.  But why stop with this as the final piece?  

Welcome to the world of going for it.  When you have the 29th best farm system before you start this process, it’s somewhat amazing to me you could pickup anyone helpful given what you have to give up.  The standout was Quero, but Giolito is a good gamble especially if you can sign him in the off-season.  None of the rest give me any hope that they will amount to much, especially Jackson.  

In summary, I like going for it.   My biggest concern now is the strength of schedule in August compared to our competition.  It’s going to be like driving through hell.

12 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Would seem to slot with Loup and Soriano as a bridge to Lopez, Moore, and Estevez?

Once Canning is activated, Silseth gives them another potentially strong set up guy.

Bullpen looks pretty deep then?

I would probably keep Silseth stretched out as a SP.  He seems to have turned a corner and is pitching well.  Maybe as we roll into September, we can transition him more to relief, but I think you need to have someone stretched out and capable of making starts in case of injury.

8 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

Perry has been throwing shit against the wall for about a month now hoping that some of it sticks.  

The farm is essentially a hot mess with a few good guys left.  But why stop with this as the final piece?  

I think the issue is we don't have enough to trade for a silver bullet type. And for what was available in trade, there wasn't a super clear area to upgrade. (A big time RP would have been nice).

But I think everyone needs to remember that aside from Giolito, the other moves we made the past month weren't "Let's go for it!" as much as "we lost another one."

Had Rendon and Urshela been healthy, for example, we wouldn't have traded for Escobar and Moustakas.

Ward getting his face broken obviously forced the Grichuk move.

We got screwed bad by injuries.

Just now, mmc said:

Surprised people think so highly of Jackson.  Wasn't even a ranked prospect for us on Fangraphs anymore

I don't even think it's a matter of thinking "highly" of him.  For me, he at least still has some potential and he's controllable.  Leone is a dime-a-dozen reliever who'll be gone in two months.

Just now, mmc said:

Surprised people think so highly of Jackson.  Wasn't even a ranked prospect for us on Fangraphs anymore

I don't follow the prosects as much as many of you all here do but it does seem like there are many that are over valuing a lot of them. 

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't even think it's a matter of thinking "highly" of him.  For me, he at least still has some potential and he's controllable.  Leone is a dime-a-dozen reliever who'll be gone in two months.

Evidently the front office sees him as more than that, a guy who's pitching hot right now and will be a key piece of the bullpen down the stretch.  We'll just have to see if they're right.