• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Dominic Leone for Jeremiah Jackson (move Bachman to 60 day IL)

mmc

2 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

Mederos is on the club right now.  I am guessing he will be optioned when Leone arrives.

Right, but they need a 40 man spot. Goodbye Herget I guess.

2 minutes ago, Hubs said:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.fcgi?id=leonedo01&t=p&year=2023

The vast majority of his appearances have been solid. But who leaves the pen for him?

That was my first thought, too: is he even marginally better than the current mop-up options? Lol.  Not a big deal either way, I guess, but I just hate trading controllable guys for random rentals who are AT BEST minor upgrades.

9 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Dominic Leone is a journeyman that wears down easily and is a choke artist with the game on the line. Jeremiah Jackson is going to be a utility infielder with speed and power, but not enough bat. 

It's not enough to be irate over, but it's dumb and unnecessary. 

So he’s Velazquez?

lol

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

That was my first thought, too: is he even marginally better than the current mop-up options? Lol.  Not a big deal either way, I guess, but I just hate trading controllable guys for random rentals who are AT BEST minor upgrades.

I am guessing the FO didn't see Jackson as a MLB player of any kind.  That, to me, is why they would trade him for a decent but unspectacular reliever who will be a FA at year's end.

A lot of our farm system was dumped during this trade deadline.  Most (not all, but most) were from Eppler's regime.  I am thinking the current FO and player devo department has a different take on which prospects to keep and which to trade.

We'll see how this ultimately turns out, and how good Perry is at determining who to keep and who to trade.

1 minute ago, Warfarin said:

A lot of our farm system was dumped during this trade deadline.  Most (not all, but most) were from Eppler's regime.  I am thinking the current FO and player devo department has a different take on which prospects to keep and which to trade.

We'll see how this ultimately turns out, and how good Perry is at determining who to keep and who to trade.

This is my takeaway as well.

One move too many. Sometimes you have to stay disciplined and bite the bullet rather than dealing away decent prospects for journeymen. The Angels  are making a calculated decision to go all in, but at a cost. The other moves were more solid and logical. This really doesn't make the bullpen any better unless he greatly improved his career form. But we shall see.