• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Dominic Leone for Jeremiah Jackson (move Bachman to 60 day IL)

mmc

Just now, Duren, Duren said:

One move too many. Sometimes you have to stay disciplined and bite the bullet rather than dealing away decent prospects for journeymen. The Angels have are making a calculated decision to go all in, but at a cost. The other moves were more solid and logical. This really doesn't make the bullpen any better unless he greatly improved his career form. But we shall see. 

Jackson is just like guy halos trade for Bundy.

Eh this is about what I expected today. Shoring up the last spot in the bullpen was about the only thing left, and Leone is like another Webb or Devenski. I imagine Silseth takes Canning’s spot in rotation for next two weeks and by that time it might be close enough to September they can add returning arms to extra roster spots or time a demotion on someone like Soriano or Silseth that allows them to return in short order, or a Webb/Loup/Barria DFA if the staff gets tight.

19 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

A lot of our farm system was dumped during this trade deadline.  Most (not all, but most) were from Eppler's regime.  I am thinking the current FO and player devo department has a different take on which prospects to keep and which to trade.

We'll see how this ultimately turns out, and how good Perry is at determining who to keep and who to trade.

And I guess that Eppler still believes some of these guys have high ceilings. 

He effectively replaced the rotating door of Wantz, Reyes, and Weiss which I’m totally fine with.

Wantz is at his yearly limit for options I believe. Next time they’d have to DFA him.

And I think Jackson would’ve been R5 eligible this winter too, and not necessarily good enough to add, but a classic example of a guy picked by a cellar dweller. Adams was too.

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He effectively replaced the rotating door of Wantz, Reyes, and Weiss which I’m totally fine with.

Wantz is at his yearly limit for options I believe. Next time they’d have to DFA him.

And I think Jackson would’ve been R5 eligible this winter too, and not necessarily good enough to add, but a classic example of a guy picked by a cellar dweller. Adams was too.

Exactly. They got someone that they feel is better than Wantz, Reyes and Herget. They actually didn't need another bullpen arm, except for the fact that Canning went on the DL and moves Silseth (who they would trust in moderate leverage situations) into the starting rotation.

2 minutes ago, drpiranha said:

Exactly. They got someone that they feel is better than Wantz, Reyes and Herget. They actually didn't need another bullpen arm, except for the fact that Canning went on the DL and moves Silseth (who they would trust in moderate leverage situations) into the starting rotation.

So they sold next year's model of the Prius for a used corolla?

Steady vehicle with some good features and great gas mileage but wont win any races for a car they dont mind getting dented or stolen. Am i understanding this correctly?

• mmc changed the title to Angels acquire Dominic Leone for Jeremiah Jackson (move Bachman to 60 day IL)
4 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

So they sold next year's model of the Prius for a used corolla?

Steady vehicle with some good features and great gas mileage but wont win any races for a car they dont mind getting dented or stolen. Am i understanding this correctly?

I was able to buy a new Corolla in 1997 for $10,500 and that car lasted a decade before I gave it to my brother in law who got a few more years out of it.  Reliable.

3 minutes ago, Revad said:

I was able to buy a new Corolla in 1997 for $10,500 and that car lasted a decade before I gave it to my brother in law who got a few more years out of it.  Reliable.

Drove two different Corollas from 1979-2000, standard transmission.

Reliable and fun to drive