• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Dominic Leone for Jeremiah Jackson (move Bachman to 60 day IL)

mmc

Just now, Second Base said:

I'm really not sure why. Dominic Leone is not a good pitcher. 

Looks like he had a fairly solid July.  Denno if he figured out anything or improved somehow, as I don't know much about him, but that's the first thing that stands out as I look at his splits.

• mmc changed the title to Angels acquire Dominic Leone for Jeremiah Jackson
1 minute ago, TroutField said:

Now I’m thinking what a package of bush, Quero, Jackson, Albright could have brought back. 

The rest of the trades were fine but I don’t agree with this at all. 

Yeah, I'm not sure this trade was particularly necessary, but I'm interested to see what Perry saw in Leone.  I don't know too much about him, so I'll have to see what some of the reports indicate he can do.

Dominic Leone is a journeyman that wears down easily and is a choke artist with the game on the line. Jeremiah Jackson is going to be a utility infielder with speed and power, but not enough bat. 

It's not enough to be irate over, but it's dumb and unnecessary. 

Edited by Second Base

Don't forget Coleman Crow and Landon Marceaux for Escobar. On value for value basis, that might be the worst one.

According to our very own Angelswin pre-season rankings, DiMinasian has traded away our #4, 5, 13, 14, 16, 18 prospects...six of the top 20. With O'Hoppe, Neto and Silseth graduated--not to mention Bachman and Joyce--that's probably four of the top 10.

Just now, TroutField said:

IMG_2937.thumb.jpeg.72c619ce19f73af4c10862282873bce8.jpeg

FIP of 5.26 this year, yikes 

At this time of year, I'd say look at the monthly splits to see if the trend is positive:

image.thumb.png.2c63016dba27888cde88c3a478ac9c45.png

Not great, but it looks like he is showing some improvement and his K/9 jumped up in July - perhaps a sign of improvement?