• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez for Edgar Quero and Ky Bush (move Joyce to 60-day IL, option Reyes, DFA Walsh and Davidson)

mmc

Reynaldo Lopez: 

• April: 12.1 IP, 15 hits, 6 BB, 19 K, 5 HR, 8.76 ERA
  • May - July: 29.2 IP, 18 hits (.173 BAA, 2 HR allowed, 16 BB, 33 K, 2.43 ERA)

Assuming he's more the pitcher from the last three months, it's pretty hard grabbing a setup man as good as this at the deadline for a package like Quero and Bush almost on their own, let alone with Giolito. 

Good trade.

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Also, Jack Kochanowicz is R5 eligible this winter, so unless he's dealt, you can probably expect to see him added to the 40-man, effectively replacing Bush on the depth chart. 

Can you dumb it down for me; what’s exciting about a 6.22 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, and 7.2 k/9 in 63 AA innings?

3 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Can you dumb it down for me; what’s exciting about a 6.22 ERA, 1.41 WHIP, and 7.2 k/9 in 63 AA innings?

Bush had a 7.20 ERA and 1.60 WHIP in 30 IP so far. 

Kochanowicz is also a couple years younger than most guys in AA and was pitching pretty well outside of the last month, and this is after a couple years of not showing much. 

Point is, they have depth to absorb losing Bush.

3 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Angels arent messing around. I wonder if the quick turn around on taking ohtani off the market and then trading assets while going over the tax was some kind of indication or assurance from ohtani himself. A this is where I want to be, let’s do this shit moment! 

I think deal was done before announcement of Ohtani.

I feel we're set at catcher for the near future. So I don't see Quero as a huge loss.  He was always going to be trade bait once O'Hoppe/Thaiss established themselves. So the question is are you mad at the return for him?

Bush is just muh.

Edited by Rico

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Reynaldo Lopez: 

• April: 12.1 IP, 15 hits, 6 BB, 19 K, 5 HR, 8.76 ERA
  • May - July: 29.2 IP, 18 hits (.173 BAA, 2 HR allowed, 16 BB, 33 K, 2.43 ERA)

Assuming he's more the pitcher from the last three months, it's pretty hard grabbing a setup man as good as this at the deadline for a package like Quero and Bush almost on their own, let alone with Giolito. 

Good trade.

His 2022 season was really good too.

Former starter converted to the pen in 2021

Giolito is a candidate to re-sign, growing up in the San Fernando Valley.

if he is going to Driveline after the season to rediscover 2-3 extra mph, could be intriguing going forward.   

Last start against the Twins, averaged 91-92, hit 93 several times.   Solid ERA and WHIP, and durable

Re-sign both Giolito and López after the season?

Both age 29

Edited by Angel Oracle