• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez for Edgar Quero and Ky Bush (move Joyce to 60-day IL, option Reyes, DFA Walsh and Davidson)

mmc

5 hours ago, Wisconsin27 said:

This is exactly where I am at, only I will add a couple of more:

- We also lost the prospective prospect haul that would have certainly been better than the comp pick we will gain.  Though I don't buy he would be worth what the media wants us to believe.

- IF Ohtani does decide to remain with us, then what?  Arte won't go over the threshold, so we will be trying to once again fill holes on cheap fliers to surround our 3 high-priced players.  Which leads to the farm, where ideally those players come from....

- We will now be buyers in one of the worst buyer markets in recent memory, thus depleting our farm even further.

It's the most "Angel decision" ever, but sure promises to be a fun ride this year!

I have a couple of comments for you:

1) If we wanted to score a major "prospect haul" then Ohtani should have been traded at this time last year. Since that didn't happen he is nothing more than a two month rental at this point and the word "haul" is off the table.

2) From what I've read with the Giolito and Lopez trade from yesterday the Angels are over the  threshold right now. Don't know how long this will last but it's exciting to think that mebbe Arte is turned over a new leaf. Many of us never thought we'd see this day.....

Sit back and enjoy the ride!

~ArkyAngelsFan~

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

It’s been an incredible 48 hour whirlwind, with the trades, and today with the sweep of the doubleheader and the Tiger series.  I’m so happy with the 8-1 record the last 9 games, the aggressive front office moves, Ohtani pitching and hitting like no one any of us have ever seen in our lifetime, etc.

The craziest thought in my mind is….we aren’t even talking about Mike Trout or Anthony Rendon in any of these conversations.  At all.  Mike Trout.  It’s like Mike Trout who?  

I can’t believe the Angels are playing this well right now without him (and somewhat Rendon) and yet the team has all this positive energy.  I hope Giolito comes out tomorrow and throws a 2 hit shut out against Toronto.  

Again, I don’t believe in jinxes, so fuck it.  I hope it happens.

You know, somewhere, right now on a La-Z-Boy recliner, binge watching a show on Netflix, is Anthony Rendon, annoyed as shit that the Angels are going to try to win and he’s going to be expected to do something.  He’s rolling his eyes at all of this and muttering to himself “God I hate baseball so much..”

11 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Would be something if Mike Trout came back and just went vintage Trout apeshit for the rest of the year, propelling the Halos to the playoffs, and shutting up all the critics. It’d be like Gandalf and the Rohirrim saving the day at Helm’s Deep-level of relief. 

am drunk 

Gonna go out out on a limb and say you are also not in the vicinity of any ladies.

2 hours ago, cals said:

You know, somewhere, right now on a La-Z-Boy recliner, binge watching a show on Netflix, is Anthony Rendon, annoyed as shit that the Angels are going to try to win and he’s going to be expected to do something.  He’s rolling his eyes at all of this and muttering to himself “God I hate baseball so much..”

That's the dumbest thing I've heard today.

A few minutes left though. 

I find it humorous that all the pundits on MLB Radio this morning are saying how stupid this was from the Angels and they arent making the playoffs.

Sorry, these are the same pundits that were picking teams like the Mets and Padres to start the season. If it was the Yankees they would be singing a different tune. If you arent willing to go all in during the possible last season of Trout and Ohtani, then when? 

Also, all we heard is the Angels could likely only get a couple good prospects in return until like a month ago and all of a sudden you could fleece a minor league system from an organization for him. I just dont buy that for a second. 

• mmc changed the title to Angels acquire Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez for Edgar Quero and Ky Bush (move Joyce to 60-day IL, option Reyes, DFA Walsh and Davidson)
  • 1 month later...