• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez for Edgar Quero and Ky Bush (move Joyce to 60-day IL, option Reyes, DFA Walsh and Davidson)

mmc

The Angels have a good number of young players at the mlb level and they have better depth in the minors now than any time recently.

The team can afford this deal and they improved the big league club.

You gotta trade something g decent to get decent players in return.

Now let’s get another impact reliever and I have this hunch that getting Bellinger is going to be huge for aomebody, so kinda rooting for the Angels to get him.

I feel like there's a reasonable chance the Halos are able to extend Giolito. He was probably a target anyways being local. And he's only in his age-28 season, even if he's not nearly as good as he was a couple years back. 

Bush and Quero were good prospects but I've always sort of felt they were the type of prospects that were a little over-hyped, a product of us having such a bad farm for so long. Catching prospects are so volatile. Sucks it was for rental players, but cashing in Quero's value was not a horrible idea if it allowed them to hold onto safer prospects. 

So long as they hold onto Neto, O'Hoppe, and Detmers, I don't really care if they eat into the farm for a playoff push. If it falls short, maybe it will finally force their hand into taking a year or two reprieve from desperately trying to compete, and they can do a legitimate quick rebuild.

9 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Lopez hasn't been very good this season so IDK how much of a boost he's gonna bring to the pen. Since it's clear they're fully committed to going for it, really hope Perry can work another trade for another RP prior to the deadline

He was good in May, had an OK June but has been lights out in July. 

8 appearances, 0 ER, 11 K's.