• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Lucas Giolito and Reynaldo Lopez for Edgar Quero and Ky Bush (move Joyce to 60-day IL, option Reyes, DFA Walsh and Davidson)

mmc

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

He was good in May, had an OK June but has been lights out in July. 

8 appearances, 0 ER, 11 K's. 

Never know what you'll get with relievers. Hopefully the change of scenery leads to improvement. See it all the time with relievers changing teams and performing well elsewhere within the same season etc. Still think they gotta add another reliever to the mix

11 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Lopez hasn't been very good this season so IDK how much of a boost he's gonna bring to the pen. Since it's clear they're fully committed to going for it, really hope Perry can work another trade for another RP prior to the deadline

The Sox have also been a dumpster fire all season. Change of scenery can do a guy good sometimes. The other side of the rental coin is that these guys are gonna be playing for their future paychecks too.

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Everybody loved the Rendon trade when first announced. I will take a wait and see attitude. If we make the playoffs and are able to keep Ohtani, this might be the greatest trade in history or else not so much.

Rendon...trade?

Staring George Costanza GIF

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I love this deal. First, The Angels have loved Giolito for YEARS now and were going to be pursuing him in free agency regardless. This just gives them a better shot at acquiring his services beyond this season. 

And Reynaldo Lopez has always fascinated me since his transition to relief. As a starter, I never gave him a second thought because he sat 92-93 and was pedestrian. Upon moving to relief I saw him jump up to 97 and even hit 99. Usually guess might add a tick or two, he added FIVE! So I'm interested to see what he's capable of. 

And as for the price, getting Giolito AND Lopez and not having to give up a top 100 prospect (Quero is a fringe top 100 on most publications) actually isn't bad. And Ky Bush, I love what he's shown, and think he'll be a major leaguer. But losing that 97 velo he had in college had been quite discouraging. But I like the price. 

Well done, Perry. 

I agree